Wheel Studs

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Guys, I am looking for some strong wheel studs for my car and I heard the Moroso's were good. This is what I found on your site.

http://www.lethalperformance.com/pa...rear-wheel-stud-fits-603-613-hole-5-pack.html

Is that that the right size I need for my 03 Cobra?

Also, what nuts would you suggest I use and would you suggest any other kind of wheel stud?

Thanks for the help guys. :beer:

Those are indeed the correct studs. As far as recommending a good lug nut I believe you'll need open ended ones for these as they're definitely too long for the stock lugs to fit over.

The only other option you have for studs are the ARP's which are more $$..

Let us know if you have any other questions. Thanks, Jared

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
Hmmm, well I would like to keep the same length of stud as the factory ones. Are the ARP's the same length of the factory studs? If not, how hard would it be to cut a stud down to the size of a factory stud?

Thank you for your time and your help, it is much appreciated.

Carbd86GT

You're Gator Bait
Established Member
if you need a factory sized stud, its best to run to your local dealer and pick up a set of stock pieces there. The ARP and Moroso studs are all 3" in length which is a lot longer than stock. Let us know if there is anything else we can help you with.

Thanks,
Derek

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
Well I figured if I was going to replace the studs I might as well put something stronger back there. Hmm decisions, decisions.

At any rate, I really appreciate your help guys.

:beer:

Carbd86GT

You're Gator Bait
Established Member
The factory ones are pretty strong as long as you stay with a factory style of wheel. Once you go to install a set of Weld Wheels or similar, its mandatory by NHRA rules to run the longer studs out back like the ARP or Moroso pieces (due to wheel and lug nut design). Something to think about if you do a lot of drag racing.

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
Well my Cobra has never been to the track so I guess it may make more sense for me to go with the factory studs. The car won't be seeing any heavy duty runs with slicks. I was thinking aftermarket studs would be the same length as the factory ones but made out of stronger metal and that is why I was leaning towards the aftermarket studs.

The thread below explains what happened in my case. It was a stupid mistake on my part for not staying diligent on checking how tight the spacer lugs were. . . . . . I assume
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=477117

Last edited:

Carbd86GT

You're Gator Bait
Established Member
Sounds more like a problem with the H&R spacer if I read correctly that the studs on the spacer itself broke. What you could do, is use the 3" studs with a 1" hub-centric slide on spacer. Something to look into I suppose. Let us know if you need anything.

Thanks,
Derek

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
I may have not explained that the best. The studs on the wheel itself are the ones that are broke. The spacer is good to go, nothing wrong with it.

SicStang03

2SSSlow
Established Member
I may have not explained that the best. The studs on the wheel itself are the ones that are broke. The spacer is good to go, nothing wrong with it.

I just picked up some moroso studs and gorila open ended lugs. You could alway get the moroso studs and cut them down to stock stud size..

Users who are viewing this thread