Wheel stud length ?

1993R

Established Member
Alright I finally sold my WRX. I have even gone out and bought a tag to drive the R on the street. I have been contemplating running the NASA event in 2 weeks. With the new(old) Steeda hexcentric rims on the car the wheel studs are only showing one thread with the lugs torqued on them. I'm using the stock lug nuts from Ford. Is this enough or should I replace the studs with longer ones??:shrug:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Originally posted by 1993R
Alright I finally sold my WRX. I have even gone out and bought a tag to drive the R on the street. I have been contemplating running the NASA event in 2 weeks. With the new(old) Steeda hexcentric rims on the car the wheel studs are only showing one thread with the lugs torqued on them. I'm using the stock lug nuts from Ford. Is this enough or should I replace the studs with longer ones??:shrug:

If you mean "one thread is sticking out of the back side of the stock lug nut" you're ok! If you're only on by one thread (which I don't think is the case?) that is no good!

:thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

1993R

Established Member
Yes, the wheel and lug nut are on the stud torqued down with one thread showing from the stud. I was looking at longer studs and Steeda wanted $5.50 a stud. That's $110 for all four corners. Think that's kinda of pricey. Steeda's studs are from ARP.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Yes, the wheel and lug nut are on the stud torqued down with one thread showing from the stud. I was looking at longer studs and Steeda wanted $5.50 a stud. That's $110 for all four corners. Think that's kinda of pricey. Steeda's studs are from ARP.

I believe your car has 1/2-20 wheel studs? That lug requires 10 TPI (threads per inch) of contact which would equate to ten full rotations of the lug nut. If you're all the way through the nut and are sticking out the back side of the lug, you are good to go!!

:thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

93SVTCobra

Established Member

I can get them for you much cheaper than that. Don't forget that there is a slight amount of machine work required to the hubs to make the ARP studs fit. If your interested PM me.

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member

Larry,

All you need is ARP studs. 3" length with a .625 knurl. I got a 5 pack from Summit for $10 I believe. Get a 39/64 bit and drill them out and press 'em in.

Tom

1993R

Established Member
Hey Tom can you confirm the correct part number For the front and rear? I checked Summit and they show a part number for the front and rear I believe. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread