Wheel Spin test + MPSS

tw0scoops

Established Member
Has anyone checked to see if the MPSSs(the Ferrari 295s) spin on the rim under intense acceleration? I just remember hearing the Camaro had issues with their's at one point, and I know a lot of tire shops say the 295s are a bit big for the gt500's wheel. Just curious....

rwboring

Established Member
Has anyone checked to see if the MPSSs(the Ferrari 295s) spin on the rim under intense acceleration? I just remember hearing the Camaro had issues with their's at one point, and I know a lot of tire shops say the 295s are a bit big for the gt500's wheel. Just curious....

this has been covered a million times, as the 295 being big, I have 315 nittos on my factory rims with no rubbin issues to date. I even had a 1/6 barrel keg as well as some other stuff in my trunk on my 450 mile drive this weekend and didn't rub.

Nitto NT05 will dead hook in 2nd (over 60 deg, I haven't really tried too much below 60)

1320goat

Established Member
this has been covered a million times, as the 295 being big, I have 315 nittos on my factory rims with no rubbin issues to date. I even had a 1/6 barrel keg as well as some other stuff in my trunk on my 450 mile drive this weekend and didn't rub.

Nitto NT05 will dead hook in 2nd (over 60 deg, I haven't really tried too much below 60)

I think he's talking about the wheel slipping on the bead of the tire. He's not asking about traction or rubbing.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

I think he was asking about tire slippage on the wheels...not rubbing.

Snoopy49

Established Member

Attachments

• m5lp_1209_31_2013_shelby_gt500_total_package.jpg
    m5lp_1209_31_2013_shelby_gt500_total_package.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 300
Last edited:

mavisky

Established Member
On the camaros it was from braking and not acceleration. 305 Trofeo R's and carbon ceramic brakes do weird things to wheel and tire combinations apparently.

rwboring

Established Member
On the camaros it was from braking and not acceleration. 305 Trofeo R's and carbon ceramic brakes do weird things to wheel and tire combinations apparently.

I guess I wasn't thinking tire spinning on the rim because its not an R compound... although it still could i guess.... the Z/28 is the one that had the problem and yeah it has R compound tires haha

tw0scoops

Established Member

Oh...thought it was from both acceleration and braking. Guess that makes me feel a little better.

Users who are viewing this thread