Wheel Spacers to clear Skinnies, help!

D2Fresh16

Established Member
Hey guys, I just bought a set of Weld Prostars (15x3.5) for the front of my car, now its time to get them to fit. I read all over that you need a 1" spacer to clear the Cobra calipers.
My question is, are you guys using the ones that bolt to the existing factory studs, or are you replacing the studs with longer ARPs and using ones that just slide onto the studs? If you use longer studs, what lug nuts are you using on the street? I see Maximum motorsports makes the ones that bolt to the existing studs, and they are quite nice, but also pretty expensive. How abotu the American Muscle ones?
1in Billet Aluminum Wheel Spacers (Pair) at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!
Thanks in advance.

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
you will need longer studs. just get 3" with 1/2"-20 RH thread (stock thread)

then grab a 1" spacer from MM. I wouldnt use those that "bolt" to the car then you bolt the wheel to that. too much going on there imo.

then just get 1/2"-20 RH "open ended" conical seat lugs for your street wheels. youll just have studs showing when you have street wheels on..like an ich sticking out. if it really bothers you you can put the wheels on, the get another set of closed end lugs and put them over those.

mustang_guy

Established Member
I ran a 1 inch Eibach pro spacer on my 02 GT with bullit brakes (same as Cobra brakes) They were so tight that I had to remove my inner wheel weight because it was hitting the caliper, once I removed the wheel weight it fit by a **** hair, but it fit!

heres a few pics

2.jpg

6.jpg

Last edited:

SCARNECK

Established Member
I am running a 1" spacer on some 3.5" weld pro stars, with the 1" spacer with built in studs... It seems that the inner original studs are hitting the inside of the inner rim? I am getting 3" studs and wondering if I could run 2 or one 1/2" spacers with no studs to clear my Bullit brakes.... any ideas

TaraFirma

Established Member
I am running a 1" spacer on some 3.5" weld pro stars, with the 1" spacer with built in studs... It seems that the inner original studs are hitting the inside of the inner rim? I am getting 3" studs and wondering if I could run 2 or one 1/2" spacers with no studs to clear my Bullit brakes.... any ideas
The more spacers you use, the more strain will be put on your studs.

Users who are viewing this thread