Wheel spacers anyone???

mr.naldo

mr.naldo
Established Member
I'm debating on putting some 1.5'inch wheel spacers to fix that unwanted tucked rear end the mustang came with.

I'm actually going for a sleeper look and planning on keeping these wheels
So im trying to get the best look i can by putting wheel spacers in the rear:banana:

the size on my stockers are 17x8...anybody have a set up that would give me an idea on what size wheel spacers i should go with?Help me out dudes

here is how the rear looks now....

97mustanggt5.jpg

97mustanggt4.jpg

97mustanggt3.jpg

97mustanggt.jpg

Edit: 03/04 cobra motor and tranny swap coming soon:burnout:

Last edited:

Lumpydogs

Established Member
You want 1" wheel spacers. Direct bolt on and no cutting of existing studs. The 1" spacer will bring the tire right to the edge of the wheel well lip. I've run 17x8 and 17x9 wheels with them.

Sny714

Established Member
You want 1" wheel spacers. Direct bolt on and no cutting of existing studs. The 1" spacer will bring the tire right to the edge of the wheel well lip. I've run 17x8 and 17x9 wheels with them.

It looks like he's going to need a lot more than 1" spacers. On my 01 a 1" spacer brought my 18x10 wheel flush to the wheel well. It will look better but wont bring it flush.

Shifty Powers

The Shifty Mobile
Established Member
Get the spacers. If you plan on doing an 03./04 swap u may want to get some bigger meat on those tires!

+1

I have 1'' spacers.. but then again i have 17x9s with 275s.. but they actually stick a tiny bit, if not about flush with the body.. swore i had pictures but i dont so.. o well..but either or.. ^^^^^

:beer:

totheduals

Established Member
I had a 1" on my 01 with 17x9rims and 275/40 tires and I wouldn't have minded another half inch. So in your case I would get the 1.5" spacers. Or at least the 1.25"

bigjohnson4.6gt

Street Menace
Established Member
I got the hubcentric spacers when i had my 97 gt, but they didnt work with the stock wheels, they worked with aftermarket rims due to the space between the stud holes where the stock studs stuck through the spacers, but there was no space for them to fall through with the stock rims so they had to be ground down in order to fit them. But the spacers I got were from StangSuspension.com for a good price

mr.naldo

mr.naldo
Established Member
I got the hubcentric spacers when i had my 97 gt, but they didnt work with the stock wheels, they worked with aftermarket rims due to the space between the stud holes where the stock studs stuck through the spacers, but there was no space for them to fall through with the stock rims so they had to be ground down in order to fit them. But the spacers I got were from StangSuspension.com for a good price
So what you are saying is not to get them from stangsuspension because they won't fit on mine???
Don't they just sell wheel spacers ready to bolt on???

fastcarjoe

Established Member
I went with 35mm spacers and the meats look awesome in the back! Nothing but compliments and it makes the tires look so much wider. I went with this large a spacer because lowering the car put a lot of negative camber into the wheel. If yours is stock ride height, go a you may want to go a little smaller. H&R Spacers are pricey but great quality.

Users who are viewing this thread