Wheel Spacer

SnakeBite98

HIGH-REV HORROR
Established Member
does anyone know what is the biggest spacer we can run before we need longer studs? im looking to put between a 1/4" and 1/2" spacer on to get some space between my wheels and quads. i know i could flip the quad but i also wanna bring the wheel out even with the fender. just wondering what anyone is using.

SnakeBite98

HIGH-REV HORROR
Established Member
oh yea i forgot to check there and sure enough they have in answered right there. 1/2 inch requires longer studs. thanks cobra4v.

SnakeBite98

HIGH-REV HORROR
Established Member
white98snake said:
def get the 1in hubcentric w/studs they will look sick and are good and strong

well an inch might be a bit big, i forgot to mention that im using these with my new deep dish black bullits at 10.5" in the rear.

fiveo'cobra

Established Member
For reference, here's an old pic i took of my stock 8 inch rims after i put 1 inch hubcentric spacers on the rear.

DSC00009.gif

fiveo'cobra

Established Member
I just had to grind down my stock studs just a tad with a cutting wheel to get the wheels to clear. Took about 5 min per rim.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Yellow98SVT said:
Those are MM 1 inch spacers on rear....uses factory lugs, no modifying.

you didn't have to cut/grind the stock studs to make the spacers bolt up?

cobra4v

Hooked On SVT
Established Member
badass98svt said:
It all depends on the wheels. On my wheels there was a pocket that the stock stud can seat into. When you take your wheels off, you will know what I am talking about. If the pocket is not there...you would need to cut a little off the stud.

Yellow98SVT

T-trim, bitches
Established Member
badass98svt said:

The way the MM spacers work is: the spacers themselves fit over the factory lugs and the wheels mount on the lugs on the spacers. They aren't just metal spacing pieces, they are a one inch spacer with lugs built onto them. It's a tight fit, but, it works. I've done many, many 4000 rpm launches on MT DR's all season and never any fuss. The MM 1 inchers are the absolute biggest you could fit tho on the factory studs. If I had to do it again, I'd probably go with the 3/4 inch spacers for no better reason than peace of mind/safety.

Users who are viewing this thread