Wheel Recommendations for a 2010 Shelby GT500

BNblownsaleen

Established Member
A friend of mine just bought a 2010 Shelby. He is wanting to purchase a set of wheels for it. The 18's look small on the car so he is thinking at least 19's probably 20's. The car is red with black stripes.
Looking for recommendations on some wheels, sites, stores etc and pics!! He is all about some chrome but is considering black chrome as well. Also would like to have the 5 spoked wheels with a dish. Thanks in advance for any help!!:)

AlanSVT

Established Member
well the 2010s come with 19s. So he must want to go with 20s. ^^

True forged. I also posted this info on horsepowerjunkies.com for you. I thought I posted a link to a nice set of wheels that steve had. Not sure if he has them anymore.

Good luck with it and let us see pics of what wheels he ends up getting.

Alan

Leonard 95

Established Member
ccw or true fordged, I have ccw sp500, mine are only 18x9.5 fronts and 18x11, but they make 19's and 20's also.

2mmwuq9.jpg

jtlbtj.jpg

Last edited:

jbrown1238

Built on 4-7-03 @ 3:47:15
Established Member
I think the 2010 GT500 convertibles have 18 inch wheels and the coupes have 19 inch wheels.

bpmurr

Established Member
If he has the vert I would just put the 19" wheels from the coupe on it. The stock wheels on the 2010 are fantastic.

BNblownsaleen

Established Member
well the 2010s come with 19s. So he must want to go with 20s. ^^

True forged. I also posted this info on horsepowerjunkies.com for you. I thought I posted a link to a nice set of wheels that steve had. Not sure if he has them anymore.

Good luck with it and let us see pics of what wheels he ends up getting.

Alan
I do believe that his wheels are 18's like the other guys said covertable came with 18's and coupes with 20's.

I really like the True Forged wheels myself, I sent him all the info you sent me. We are just trying to sell all of our options before he buys a set of wheels.

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
I do believe that his wheels are 18's like the other guys said covertable came with 18's and coupes with 20's.

I really like the True Forged wheels myself, I sent him all the info you sent me. We are just trying to sell all of our options before he buys a set of wheels.

Coupes have 19's, and I agree with others they are another great option without having to spend major $$$$.

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
Heard a lot of various comments and experiences with 360forged...might want to do some further research before doing business with them.

True Forged Wheels custom billet

I'd take a hard look at the "sleeper" pattern if he wants a good looking 5-spoke design.

Steve is also now offering carbon fiber wrapped centers...do that combined with a matching red lip; or chrome and you have a winner!

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/wheels-tires-285/607860-20-chrome-true-forged-speed-5-a.html

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...n-fiber-wrapped-wheels-super-deal-inside.html

tommygun

Established Member
360 forged went belly up, they have regrouped and reformatted and have some new styles out that are killer. The old company was run into the ground by greed, the 2 guys who are running it now should do better, but fixing a tarnished name is going to take time.

TF makes great wheels, but its the new trend with the mustang crowd, it seems as there is a new thread every week with someone having the same thing...over and over again, I really enjoy when someone steps out of the norm, even if its something now show stopping. COR, TF, CCW, HRE, DPE, ect... all make great wheels, but most people are followers instead of jumping out with something different.

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
It's not so much the wheel companies as it is meeting customer demands with finishes/sizes. Most customers are NOT very creative in finishes and are often scared to try a new size or finish they haven't SEEN. Well, unless someone orders a real unique set in a different finish...nobody sees them because most companies don't want to produce something that won't sell...

I think it's a complete waste to order a set of wheels and not get at least a *little* creative with the finish. But, I despise black center wheels for the most part and don't care for full-polished either. The black detracts from the artful form of the center and raw aluminum is just so so for me because it's "unfinished". But, some love it.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
well price has a lot to do with it too. HRE and 360 will charge you $5-6k for a set of 20s.

you may see a handful of gt500 on guys on the forum with our wheels on them but thats on the interwebland. theyre scattered across the country. youre talking 20 cars, out of 15,000+ gt500s out there. there are FAAAR more Asantis on gt500s thanks to Evolution.

take a look at our website. there are only a handful of gt500s that we've done, that are not represented on our site
Shelby GT500

so theyre far from becoming "the trend".

until you go to a show and can "expect" to see at least one set of our wheels on a car there, theyre far from being too common. you can almost guarantee that you can attend a local show/meet/cruise and not run into another car with our wheels on them, and certainly not in the same design/finish, since we offer so many.

Last edited:

WA 2 FST

Established Member
Steve is right on. There may be a select few that have TF wheels, but they are still very exclusive and a very quality set of wheels.

I have had great luck with Fikse wheels over the years, so that's what I went with. They are not quite as expensive as something like HRE's, but just as nice in my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread