wheel questions

dannyboy76

93 teal black cloth #2853
Established Member
1. does anyone make a replica 5 lug?
2. widening stock wheels? possible?
3. switching to gt brakes and runing replicas at 8.5 wide. how close visually are the replicas

love the look of my stock wheel but they are aging and performance dictates a little more rubber. have stuffed 275 bfgs on the rear.. not sure if i like it on such a narrow wheel

93Cobra#2771

SVT God
Established Member
dannyboy76 said:
1. does anyone make a replica 5 lug?
2. widening stock wheels? possible?
3. switching to gt brakes and runing replicas at 8.5 wide. how close visually are the replicas

love the look of my stock wheel but they are aging and performance dictates a little more rubber. have stuffed 275 bfgs on the rear.. not sure if i like it on such a narrow wheel

1. No
2. Yes. ~150/wheel
3. Replicas are IDENTICAL to OEM's. Center cap is even identical. You can switch to GT brakes on the front, but you will need 5.0 axles and a caliper relocation bracket for the rear. As soon as I source some moser 5.0 length axles, I'll be ready to bolt my replicas on in the rear.

93Cobra#2771

SVT God
Established Member
LEE93COBRA said:
why pay for the widening when you can get the repros in the $500 price range
Add another 100+ for rear caliper brackets, plus a set of either used OEM axles ($20) or new hardened axls 150+. Plus the PITA of installing the axles.

I've actually entertained the idea of selling my brackets, repros, and axles and buying a set of OEM's and having them widened.

LEE93COBRA

broke
Established Member
93Cobra#2771 said:
Add another 100+ for rear caliper brackets, plus a set of either used OEM axles ($20) or new hardened axls 150+. Plus the PITA of installing the axles.

I've actually entertained the idea of selling my brackets, repros, and axles and buying a set of OEM's and having them widened.

Why do you need the brackets?

BADBOYSPACK

Ford Tech
Established Member
I want them to make these work perfectly on the 93 Cobra.
mustangtuning_1881_6596324

dannyboy76

93 teal black cloth #2853
Established Member
thanks for the info.. im going to widen my rear wheels and riefinsh all four.. then get a set of those rod lites for the slicks

93Cobra#2771

SVT God
Established Member
LEE93COBRA said:
Why do you need the brackets?
To relocate the calipers when you put 5.0 length axles on. Unless you are going to try to run them without swapping axles. If you go that route, plan on your tires rubbing. The lip of the repro rims is practically flush with the OUTER lip of the rear fenders. Add a decent sized tire and welcome to rub city.

93Cobra#2771

SVT God
Established Member
When you get the wheels, you may decide not to. I simply don't feel comfortable doing that. You would need to pull at least 1/2" (IMO) to make them sit just INSIDED the fender lips. There is simply not enough material in the hub of the wheel to do it. They have the EXACT same thickness in the hub area as the stockers. So if you would feel comfortable shaving that amount off the stockers, then it would be OK, I suppose.

However, knowing how much HP your car has, and the number of visits it makes to the track, no way I'd consider it.

Users who are viewing this thread