Wheel question

DRTHV8R

I am your father.
Established Member
Will a 30mm offset clear our break system in the front? Looking into getting new wheels and that is the offset they carry.

BreBar21

Born in the G-Code
Established Member
I'm thinking not. What's the width? You could perhaps run a spacer to compensate.

Do you know the offset of your wheels now?

DRTHV8R

I am your father.
Established Member
18x9 my current ones are 24mm .. these would be 30mm 6mm difference. The guy on th ephone said they fit on GT's and v6's but may not fit on a cobra because our bigger break system?

Last edited:

BreBar21

Born in the G-Code
Established Member
So the new and old wheels are the same width? If so, that's a little less than 1/4", so I take back what I said. I would think they will fit fine. You can safely run a 1/8" spacer on stock studs (maybe even 1/4" if you have enough threads). That would leave you with less than 1/8" from where you are now.

DRTHV8R

I am your father.
Established Member
So the new and old wheels are the same width? If so, that's a little less than 1/4", so I take back what I said. I would think they will fit fine. You can safely run a 1/8" spacer on stock studs (maybe even 1/4" if you have enough threads). That would leave you with less than 1/8" from where you are now.

Yeah old ones are 18x9 as well. the difference is only 6mm. Reason i am asking is the 24mm offset (i have now) is back ordered until end of sept.

current 18x9-24mm
New 18x9-30mm

BreBar21

Born in the G-Code
Established Member
How so? a 1/8" spacer is approx 3mm and a 1/4" is approx 6mm. Both are tiny spacers that would leave your wheels sitting like they do now. My point is, if the 30mm offset doesn't fit perfectly, you can easily correct it with a small spacer that will be hardly noticeable.

Predatorbird

Established Member
What wheels are they? If they're a popular Mustang style wheel I would think the 24mm offset wheels would be in stock soon. I wouldn't run a spacer unless you have to. I have 3/8'' spacers in the rear just for looks and I'm always wanting to save up for something new that won't need spacers. It's one of those things I don't totally trust unless I get new studs.

DRTHV8R

I am your father.
Established Member
yeah ill have to wait till sept for them to have 24mm. Guess i will just wait it out.

Users who are viewing this thread