Wheel question?

Braden

Shake N' Bake
Established Member
So I have done a lot of searching and reading and the continuous answer that I find on wheel offset is that if youre running a 9" wheel up front and a 10.5 wheel out back that you want a +24mm for the 9 and a +27" for the rear.

The rear number sounds right to me and doesnt really bother me but the front one does because right now i have 4 95 cobra r on my car and the fronts stick out so Im trying to buy some 9" front wheels and 10 or 10.5 for the rear but i dont want the same problem on the front.

So hear is my question why does everyone recommend such a low offset number for the front on a 9" wheel because to me it should be up in the thirties somewhere so that it can pull the wheel in and have it flush w the car.

Anyone have this same problem or a explanation, also ps. anyone know any good wheel sites that arent replica wheels for our cars.

Allanon

SVT Druid
Established Member
If you run too much offset up front they can rub on the strut, and the A arm when turning.

Braden

Shake N' Bake
Established Member
Ya Ive been to tire rack I was just curious if anyone had any other wheel manufacturer suggestions I really dont want a ford wheel I want to be different.

But back to the main topic I understand that with too much offset they would rub, so i guess my new question would be is it possible to run enough offset on the front wheels to fit a 9 inch wheel so that its flush w the fender and not rubbing.

Users who are viewing this thread