Wheel Q: band style TPMS with FRPP 19" Wheels?

svt boost

Dr. Boost
Established Member
Hey guys, quick q on Track Pack style wheels. I have searched the forums, but I want to get my 2007 band style TPMS to work with these wheels...do I need to buy new bands, or can I transfer my current system over? I will probably buy the tires at Discount and have them install. Thanks in advance!

Ps not have much luck with the search function

54First

Grouchy Old Guy
Established Member
If you have factory bands, you can't reuse them.If they're aftermarket you can probably reuse them. However, the batteries in your original sensors are probably approaching death. You can buy new band type sensors or get the aftermarket stem type that work with the earlier cars. American Muscle, and probably others, have them. Just make sure they send you the right ones. Sometimes their order pickers are a little sloppy.

Steve

svt boost

Dr. Boost
Established Member
Sounds like a plan to repurchase the bands -- the batteries should go 100k miles from what I read online. Thanks for the help guys

mcate

Established Member
When I put the 2010 GT500 wheels on my 09 I bought the stem mounted 07-09 sensors from AM. No more messing with bands.

6-Speed

Established Member
Sounds like a plan to repurchase the bands -- the batteries should go 100k miles from what I read online. Thanks for the help guys
The TPMS batteries only last 5 to 6 years. However, mine were still working at 6 years when I replaced my wheels with 2012 SVTPP wheels at which time I went with the valve stem sensors from AM.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread