Wheel placement is off within the fender gap!?

FlatBlack04

Established Member
Bought an 04 cobra that after purchasing I noticed that driver side rear wheel is about an inch closer to rear end of car than passenger side rear wheel! I will list all mods so you have an idea on what has been tampered with, rear sway bar, eibach lowering springs, Tokico 5 way adjustable struts, forgestar wheels. I have absolutely no clue what to even start to look at to figure out what is bent or not properly installed! Any insight or help would be extremely appreciated! But it's the most annoying thing in the world to look at cause it makes the car look like stupid! Please help!! Just got realigned and still remains on the same placement. Thinking maybe a bent lower control arm. Idk!

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member
Is it toed in or just pushed back? Can't you move it freely by hand when its jacked up? Was it ever in an accident?

It could be many things. We need more info.

Blueline

Established Member
If the tire is pushed back closer to the rear bumper then something is bent or out of whack. Your going to have to remove the d/s wheel and look at the control arm, where the camber bolt goes through the hub assembly and IRS support. Next check the bolts that hold the IRS assembly in to make sure they are all in an not loose. Are you feeling any vibrations, is the car pulling to one side, is the car drifting from side to side? I would not drive it until you get this figured out. If the car was involved in a crash, it may have sustained some damage where the IRS now does not sit in square, or you may have a bent suspension part(s). Your going to need to get in there and start looking things over. If you want post up some pics as you have the wheel off, maybe we can pick something out obvious. GL!!

Anabolic

Banned
my LR camber is more out than the other.. the unibodys do tend to warp afterwards.. send us pics then we maybe suggest an alignment. lol

Users who are viewing this thread