wheel offset

red cobra 03

Established Member
I have nitto 555r on my stock 20x 9.5 inch rear rim. The tire is not getting all of its tread to the ground this i can see by the wear pattern. I see that America muscle has the svtpp rim in a 20x 10. Would this help the tire get all the tread down? And would i have to worry about a offset issue with a rim that is a half inch wider?

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
What offset is the 20x10? Offset is going to determine placement of the tire/wheel combo in the wheel well.

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
Look under the tech specs. If it's what I think you're looking at it's +48mm. I think you need more offset than that. I see they recommend a 285 for that rim and I think going wider will push the tread out under the outer fender lip. For a 305, I'd want to have about +54mm of more offset.

red cobra 03

Established Member
Yes catmonkey you are correct. Plus after looking at the tech spec i see it does not fit with the brembo brakes. Was looking to get a wider rim on the rear of the car but keep the stock look. Any suggestions?

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
Steeda makes one that's of similar design and the offset is right. It's a 20x11. Check out their ST-R wheel.

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
SVTPP rear offset is 50mm. Less offset moves the wheel out of the wheel well. More offset moves the wheel further into the wheel well. I've got a thread in the how-to section of the GT500 forum on fitting wide tires in the wheel pocket.

red cobra 03

Established Member
Thanks, im looking at a rtr wheel from AM its 20x10.5 it look just like stock and i think the offset is 47.

Users who are viewing this thread