Wheel narrowing...who to go to?

Teej281

Established Member
Hey guys!
Going for a sleeper setup on the car with some stock 99 Starfish 17" wheels. Going to run 26x11.5x17 Bias-ply ET Streets out back and want to have the fronts narrowed to 17x4 to run a bias-ply front runner on there to save some weight. Does anyone know who to send the wheels off to to get narrowed? I sent an email to Weldcraft as I know they widen wheels, but I didnt know if they narrowed wheels as well.

Anyone know of any decent places that can do this, other than Weldcraft?

Thanks for the info guys! I appreciate it!

Blown38

Established Member
Yes weldcraft can narrow them. But they have to have the wheel to know how far down they can go. We had some marauder wheels narrowed to 5" from 8". Didn't save much weight in the wheel itself but you will definatly save some with a bias tire.

Blown38

Established Member
Here's a pic with them on my bird. Before you mount wheels on them I suggest running a bead of silicone around the weld on the inside under the tire.;-) Its a pretty fat weld.
carlisle08050.jpg

Teej281

Established Member
The guy at weldcraft said that they cannot take 4" off the wheel. He's saying 2", and if I send pics they may be able to squeeze another .5" off. But in order to run the 26.00 x 4.50-17, I need a 4" wheel, and I doubt they would do well on a 6" wheel. Any ideas?

Users who are viewing this thread