wheel max exel wheels

robraySVT

Established Member
Well, I've finally found the set of wheels I want for a good price, but I need to hear from someone who has them or really knows about them about their quality. :shrug: I've heard from some that their customer service sucks and others that they haven't had a problem.:dw: BTW if anyone knows a stock 03 SVT Focus wheel offset and explain to me in laymans terms what that exactly affects I would really apprciate it. Rob

robraySVT

Established Member
I'm an idiot when it comes to real technical stuff. If the wheels I want have a 39mm offset will they stick 10mm further outside the fender of my car?:??:

robraySVT

Established Member
Do you guys think a wheel with a 39mm offset would be significantly different than the stock wheels? I don't want the wheels to stick out beyond the fender.

AZ SVT

Established Member
Originally posted by Primaris
Stock offset is +49

The lower the number the further the wheel sticks out away from the car.

Not to nitpick and I know that Primaris knows this but for those who might not... the lower the number the farther out it will be IF THE WHEEL WIDTHS ARE THE SAME.

I think that backspacing is a much more useful measurement but the sellers seem to just give offsets.

Last edited:

AZ SVT

Established Member
Originally posted by robraySVT
[BIf the wheels I want have a 39mm offset will they stick 10mm further outside the fender of my car?:??: [/B]

If the wheels are the same width, yes.

AZ SVT

Established Member
Originally posted by robraySVT
Do you guys think a wheel with a 39mm offset would be significantly different than the stock wheels? I don't want the wheels to stick out beyond the fender.

Changing the backspacing or offset effects a lot more than looks. The suspension is designed so that the contact patch is at a certain place in relation to lines that define rotation and up and down movement of the wheel assembly. So a change will effect the handling.

In addition, you may get tire rub if you change dimensions of the wheel/tire. I get some minor rear tire rub with the stock tires and wheels under extreme circumstance so moving the wheel the wrong way would cause a serious problem IF you drive hard (eg autox, road course, unjustified risks on public roads ;-))

Kenosha Chris

Established Member
Which wheels are you looking at and what specs did they give you? I'm looking to get some very soon. I like a couple that I see on the web site.

robraySVT

Established Member
I was looking at the gun metal gray exel roel 17x7 with a polished lip and 39mm offset. The only thing I'm curious about is what a CD silver Focus would look like with a polished silver lip on gun metal gray wheels. If anyone know where I can find a good picture of one I would really appreciate it.:beer:

Last edited:

Kenosha Chris

Established Member
You might come close using the Tire Rack site. You can select your car color and then click on the various wheels to see how they will look right in the pic. I am a little concerned with the 10 mm offset difference. I'll have to scope it out.

Thanx

Chris

Users who are viewing this thread