Wheel Hop

T3 Cobra

Back in DSG
Established Member
I have been reading the threads on the fixes for wheel hop including post bans excellent write up.
I plan on pulling my 03 cobra from storage this spring. I do not have the time to do the wheel hop mods due to lots of travel. Does someone know a great shop in or around Virginia who does this type of work a lot?

Thanks
Mike :read:

Last edited:

04cobra13

Established Member
You wheel hopping because your on he F1s still. I used to hop all over with those damn tires. Get yourself a drag radial out back and this will cure wheel hop. The reason your hopping is because the tire is trying to hook,but you most likely got to much power for the tires to hook so its spinning while trying to grab.. So basically if your hooking you wont hop. When i put on the drag radials(nitto DR) it was like a whole new car, and i was at 456/478 and the tires would dead hook on the street...Now with my upgrades i need a better tire though, hope this helps!

T3 Cobra

Back in DSG
Established Member
finally someone else, i'm in the salem/roanoke area, sorry to steal thread a little but is there any kinda cobra things people get together and do around roanoke

Nothing happening this time of year but berglund chevy dealer on williamson has a get together every other weekend in the summer

T3 Cobra

Back in DSG
Established Member
You wheel hopping because your on he F1s still. I used to hop all over with those damn tires. Get yourself a drag radial out back and this will cure wheel hop. The reason your hopping is because the tire is trying to hook,but you most likely got to much power for the tires to hook so its spinning while trying to grab.. So basically if your hooking you wont hop. When i put on the drag radials(nitto DR) it was like a whole new car, and i was at 456/478 and the tires would dead hook on the street...Now with my upgrades i need a better tire though, hope this helps!

Yes it helps. If I lower the pressure in the rears to say 25-26 it is much better. I don't drive this car much and it never gets rained on so this is a definite possibility for new rear tires nitto DR's
:banana:

forcefedcobra

Established Member
get yourself some nitto 555r's and order bruce's full bushing kit. Do the install yourself (get some help from a friend) over a weekend. Gain a great grasp as to how the irs works and really get to see how crappy the stock stuff was compared to bruce's kit and then say goodbye to wheel hop!

srl135

Wreck 'em Tech!
Established Member
i feel like if you up the power you can get past wheel hop. My car and two other friends with terminators all had the same luck..pulley with intake, exhaust and tune and the hop was gone, but was replaced with excessive spin

03Mach04Cobra

GO HOKIES!!!
Established Member
get yourself some nitto 555r's and order bruce's full bushing kit. Do the install yourself (get some help from a friend) over a weekend. Gain a great grasp as to how the irs works and really get to see how crappy the stock stuff was compared to bruce's kit and then say goodbye to wheel hop!

+1 on Bruces Kit - Thats what I got and it helped a ton, still get some hop on a really cold day but other than that its gone - I did the kit myself, its definately a job but I'm glad I did it myself

Btw I'm in the Salem/Roanoke area too! - I've talked to you at Freddys (when that show was going on) a few times!

T3 Cobra

Back in DSG
Established Member
+1 on Bruces Kit - Thats what I got and it helped a ton, still get some hop on a really cold day but other than that its gone - I did the kit myself, its definately a job but I'm glad I did it myself

Btw I'm in the Salem/Roanoke area too! - I've talked to you at Freddys (when that show was going on) a few times!

Thanks for the info, yes I remember you and your wife were together with the stangs. Fast Freddies is gone forever. :whine:
This year Berglund chevy on williamson will have a show every other weekend

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
^Someone that knows what they are doing. If you can do your own mod's then I'm sure you could do this.

PM Bruce and he will help you. One of the best people you'll ever talk to that actually sells something.

younggun04

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
My old man just did a Ported eaton on his vert. Wheel hop made the car undriveable under throttle in 1st and 2nd. Talked him into some 555R's and the wheel hop is completely gone. I don't have one bushing in my car and have never had a problem with wheel hop, but I have had DR's on it since the first week I have owned the car mind you.

DR's = no wheel hop.

svt2ner

Established Member
PAS can install Bruce's bushings for you, but before you do that, talk to the owner and ask him for a ride in the Griggs machine. That is a real car.

WydOpen

Established Member
I hate browsing SVTP...I always come across another thread that adds another item on my "to do" list.

Thanks for the link to Bruce's kit.

Also, another +1 plug for PAS in Richmond.

Users who are viewing this thread