Wheel hop is gone, thanks to QA-1 Shocks

AmazonTuning

SVT God
Established Member
Originally posted by Richo

I don't think that Amazon is selling shocks anymore

The only shocks we are not selling are the HBH shocks...we have many shocks available including the Hals,MM,Strange, Koni,Bilstiens to mention a few

ChicagoMike

Modification Addict
Established Member
Changing the IRS bolt from the 12mm to 14mm should help a little too. Maybe the people with no wheel hop have the right bolt in there to begin with? I know mine are the wrong size.

When the 12mm bolt was looked at on the passenger side, the threds on the bolt were actually mashed up.

I have the 14mm in the drivers side now (thanks Tito!), and it now has a more bumpy feel when going over bumps on that side. But the non-mashed 12mm bolt from that side into the passenger side for now, I need assistance getting the IRS lined up to get the 14mm bolt through.

AmazonTuning

SVT God
Established Member
Originally posted by Richo
Oop's...sorry! I guess I was not clear on that!

no problem...it needed cleared up anyway if people are being told we dont sell shocks anymore...

unfortunately just as other posters have stated the wheel hop issue is not an easy fix....what we have found is that each car is different and responds differently to each solution to wheel hop.what might work on one car will only partially work on another..some have to move on to another level....we recommend to start with good subframes,then bushings,then shocks....

I think there is only one real solution....and we all know what that is..alot of people are not willing to go that route but as long as you are having wheel hop even hardened halfshafts can break..

Linn

predator

Established Member
I guess I have been pretty fortunate. Little-to-no wheel hop..... no matter what tires I run. No mods to my IRS either. Can't explain it.

davidmax

Established Member
I have HAL coilover in the rear and Konis EZ adjust shocks for weight transfer.She will make her appearance Sat night and I will let you know with DR's.Daave Smilovic
PS:Solid rear 4:119's

Users who are viewing this thread