Wheel hop damage?

Mr.Soup

complete modular newb
Established Member
I was driving in the rain the other day and the rear started to spin (had traction control off) as soon as it started spinning it started hopping bad so I immediately let off the gas. When I did there was a weird buzzing sort of sound from under the car. Now when I'm sitting idling in neutral I have a weird sort of humm/buzz but as soon as I push in the clutch it goes away. I can sort of hear it while driving too but only at or around 2000 rpms (damn SLP exhaust is to loud) could the wheel hop I experienced for a brief moment have toasted my pilot bearing or maybe something else?

Bite Me

Established Member
I highly doubt that. Probably just paranoid from the hop like most of us would be.

I guess anything is possible but wheel hop shouldnt transfer all the way to your tranny. Whats moving is your a-arms and tires. It would have to move your diff and in turn move your driveshaft pretty hard to hurt your tranny. Although I dont know what sort of mods you have done. Stock bushings and incorrectly sized bolts in the IRS front mounts could cause the whole subframe to move causing other damage but I have never heard of anyone having issues with their tranny from wheel hop.

Users who are viewing this thread