• Black Chrome Saleens

Votes: 17 26.2%
  • Other - Explain Why or Post Pics To Defend Reason

Votes: 11 16.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Blown10thCobra

Established Member
I'm getting some AFS 18" 03/04 reps, but out of those I'd go with the black Saleens. The black chrome looks dirty against a black car, like it needs to be cleaned.

*edit* Plus IMO FR500's are played out.

nasty04mach1

Bnasty
Established Member
I say other. Get something different. Why do you want to get the cobra, saleen, bullet, or fr500 wheels th everyone has. I could understand if you did not have the money to get the higher $ rims. But most of the time you can find rims like SSR, I Forged, or Ture Forged used with tires for a little more than you will get the cobra or saleens brand new. But that is just IMO.

wcjr

Established Member
18" chrome 03/04 cobra wheels, if not those than next in line is the black chrome fr500's

bubbrubb

Saleens since you just had the FR500s. I can't tell what the stance of your car is like in the picture, but IMO stance is pretty important for being able to pull off black rims without it looking tacky :beer:

Chrome or black saleens is what I'd do if I were in your shoes, leaning towards black if you had the whole blacked out theme going on (IE tinted tails, windows, etc). Also, since your car is a 10th, you have red calipers, which really help set off the black wheels. If you have chrome COBRA inserts on your bumper, I'd lean towards the chrome saleens though.

Hope that helps! (I voted for black saleens because I just noticed you cleared your corners. Your car looks pretty dark overall)

Last edited by a moderator:

HASFANGS

Established Member
If your is really a 10th, maybe a good choice is a nice set of offset 18"'s that look similar:

Wheel15lg.jpg

KingCobra03SVT

10th Anniversary Edition
Established Member
I like the 03/04 18" replicas but if you find some extra money lying around I like the TF or CCW

I would love to get some True Forged rims but currently I am suppose to buying a bike this week so it is not in my funds

Black Chrome FTW! I'm patiently waiting on my set BC FR500's myself :D

Sweet deal. Post pictures when you get them!

I say other. Get something different. Why do you want to get the cobra, saleen, bullet, or fr500 wheels th everyone has. I could understand if you did not have the money to get the higher $ rims. But most of the time you can find rims like SSR, I Forged, or Ture Forged used with tires for a little more than you will get the cobra or saleens brand new. But that is just IMO.

Well it seems like you cannot go wrong with the Mustang rim. Like I mentioned to another member I am currently buying a bike this week so True Forged or CCWs are out of the question. I already have brand new tires. I am looking to buy rims with-in the price range of $700-$800.

KingCobra03SVT

10th Anniversary Edition
Established Member
Black chrome FRs all the way man,It will look clean

Thanks Mike :thumbsup:

Saleens since you just had the FR500s. I can't tell what the stance of your car is like in the picture, but IMO stance is pretty important for being able to pull off black rims without it looking tacky :beer:

Chrome or black saleens is what I'd do if I were in your shoes, leaning towards black if you had the whole blacked out theme going on (IE tinted tails, windows, etc). Also, since your car is a 10th, you have red calipers, which really help set off the black wheels. If you have chrome COBRA inserts on your bumper, I'd lean towards the chrome saleens though.

Hope that helps! (I voted for black saleens because I just noticed you cleared your corners. Your car looks pretty dark overall)

My car has a nice stance it is lowered. I have limo tinted windows, tinted taillights, clear smoked headlights so I do have a black theme going. You are making me lean towards those Saleens though :beer:

Sinultros

Unnaturally Aspirated
Established Member
I'd go either chrome FR500 or Saleen. IMO black chrome looks dirty; like it's covered with brake dust.

Users who are viewing this thread