What's your worst road rage experience

Elliotness

Established Member
This weekend I was out cruising with the wife on the highway. :coolman: I notice in my rearview a vehicle approaching at a very high rate of speed in the number 2 lane. I was driving 65 he was driving 90+. As the vehicle gets closer it suddenly slows to match my speed and pulls in behind me. :shrug: I look in the rearview all I can see is the grill of this truck. :cuss: WTF. The guy is tailgating me at about 65 mph, very dangerous IMO. I slow to about 50 he slows to 50. I accelerate to 70 he accelerates to 70. :fm: Okay, I've had enough I drop hammer and leave him like he was driving a moped. Approach the intersection the light is red. I stop and A-hole pulls up next to me and starts revving ?????????? I look over and notice it is a brand new Black Chevy SS truck still had paper tags. Okay, he wants to play. Green light :burnout: roll to about 75 to let him have a taste, no contest.

Anyway what a loser :bash:. I think the guy just wanted jack with me because of the 03. :loser:

SoCalBlk03

THE Clutch Killer!!
Established Member
A few weeks back..... I was on the interstate (speed limit 70) and I'm doing 75 in the fast lane. Mini van in the slow lane matches speed. No one in front or back. I'm in no hurry so I don't overtake them. A glance to the rearview reveals a Stratus under my bumper weaving from lane to lane. This doesn't impress me but I gradualy accelerate to let speed racer meet his destiny with the CHP. Once I overtake the mini van I change lanes. But they tried to pass on the right while I was changing lanes. I guess this pissed 'em off more. They then passed me on the right and tried to run me off the road while giving me the 1 finger salute out the passenger window while they try to pull away. Guess the guys girlfriend was impressed by his driving. So I downshift and let my blower scream do the talking in their open window. Needless to say he got the point and about wrecked when I opened my baby up. Just because my car is fast doesn't mean I'll drive like a jack A$$........

Zinc03

Established Member
Just because my car is fast doesn't mean I'll drive like a jack A$$........

Well put SoCal...That was exactly what came to my mind when I read this thread.

UltimateSVT

Steer with the Rear
Established Member
Everytime I get in my brother's car. He's very scary behind the wheel. Yelling at people that did nothing wrong on the road.:eek:

LandShark

Established Member
Worst exp

Was driving my 97 SHO in construction traffic, having to merge right due to left lane closing. Cadillac (sp?) SUV pulled up behind me, I was slowed to crawl in left lane going to merge right. We were less than 200 ft from the cones and he laid down on the horn. When I didnt merge fast enough, he passed in the median, only to drive 200 ft and try to merge. No one would let him in, so when I got up to where he was he started honking again, flippin everyone off. Then he just drove over the cones, drove up into the single lane traffic and forced his way in. Must of been havin a bad LIFE.

ChicagoMike

Modification Addict
Established Member
Best thing to do when you're on the highway and someone wants to tail you, and you accelerate and they follow, you drive slow and they follow .... (they did this to me because I have a radar detector), just turn on your hazards and pull to the side of the road to force them to pass. Let them go. The 1-2 minutes lost off your trip is better than damaging your car or losing your life over a road rager.

Mike

Jim Vaccaro

Established Member
Good advice Mike...
I have my 03 Cobra 1yr and i don't even know if my Horn works,,
I live in New York..
I hate Horn Blowers..........:bash:

ChicagoMike

Modification Addict
Established Member
I've used my horn here. People fall asleep when the light turns green. Or people tend to STAY at stop signs instead of stopping and going.

Mike

Killer Cobra

Established Member
I use my middle finger. always seems to get the blood moving in others! I love it when the old farts give the finger back. Puts a smile on my face to see them all fired up!@

Jim Vaccaro

Established Member
Originally posted by Killer Cobra
I use my middle finger. always seems to get the blood moving in others! I love it when the old farts give the finger back. Puts a smile on my face to see them all fired up!@

Refrain from the Finger if visiting New York,, Some of these OLD FARTS Fire up with Fire arms:burn:

captain4g63

Idiot
Established Member
Puts a smile on my face to see them all fired up!@

I like to pull up next to convertible 996s and C5s, and give them a quick 6k muffler-less rev; they almost jump out of their seats. Its hilarious, they don’t even know what to do. Some try to race me, that’s even better. I'm not trying to be a dick; I think anyone who drops 80k for a car should use it.

norcal_cobra

Brand-X Eater
Established Member
This happened to my neighbor.

He had just finished the body and paint on his 1969 Skylark and was driving on the freeway. Some guy goes to change lanes in front of him but is gonna side swipe him so he honks the horn. The guy swerves back into the center lane, then punches it, and cuts in front of my neighbor, hits the brakes, and gives him the finger. Not wanting to deal with it, my neighbor remains in the right lane behind the guy as he slows to leave more room between the cars. The guy then merges back into the middle lane and slows until he is next to my neighbor. He then starts yelling and shaking his fist. My neighbor ignores the guy. Then the guy yanks the wheel hard to the right, slamming into my neighbor's newly restored Skylark... pinned between this other guys car and the guardrail while doing 60 mph. The guard rail ends about 10-15 feet later and both cars go veering off to the right. Luckily there is just a lot of dirt on the shoulder here as my neighbor brakes to a stop. The other car loses control and flips over. When the highway patrol arrive it is determined that the driver of the other car was drunk out of his mind and takes him to jail. The guy was later convicted of drunk driving as well as another charge something like assault with a deadly waepon which landed him in the penitentiary. As for the Skylark, it has been rebuilt again, damage was limited to sheetmetal.

-norcal_cobra

CuLaTeR

Established Member
I have pulled people over and punched their mouths loose a few times. I won't hesitate if someone is breaking the law or being an asshole. If I am threatened, I throw first talk later.

Elliotness

Established Member
Originally posted by CuLaTeR
I have pulled people over and punched their mouths loose a few times. I won't hesitate if someone is breaking the law or being an asshole. If I am threatened, I throw first talk later.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

BA HAHAHAHA

KevinB120

COOKIES!
Established Member
some lady swerved around me once in the "right turn only" lane and cut in front of me, then drove slower then i was going with to start with. I kinda got on her ass a little bit, she was driving like a moron anyway, she seemed pretty skanky-ghetto. Then she suddenly brake checked me and gave me the finger, so i went ahead and hit her and turned her bumper on her corsica inside out(this was a while ago), she then pulled over and i kept on going, i figured thats what she wanted me to do anyway, hitting her brakes like that, and i always aim to please. I wonder if she still does that to people.......I was in my old amigo with a big ass brush bar on it. I wouldnt say it was rage tho, it was actually pretty funny. A little finish 2000 got her gold paint right off:thumbsup:

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member

I find waving my gun to be more effective. :uh oh:

j/k kinda

FX-Man

Driving the Uber Fairmont
Established Member
Coupla years ago I'm driving home on the parkway in my '90 GT. I'm in the left lane doin about 70 and there's a lineup in the other two lanes pacing me. This BMW 7something comes up on my back end real fast and starts tailgating and flashing his lights. I start slowing down so as to get to a speed where he has a safe 2 second interval :D . He starts falling back then lunging forward at my rear end. I wait until he's in mid lunge and tap the brakes. He slams on his brakes and winds up scraping the middle wall.:eek: I just kept driving. Figured since he was in the ultimate driving machine he probably intended to do that.:coolman:

03DOHC

Established Member
Originally posted by Jim Vaccaro
Refrain from the Finger if visiting New York,, Some of these OLD FARTS Fire up with Fire arms:burn:
I remember when I lived in Los Angeles people started blasting each other on the hwys from road rage.

Users who are viewing this thread