What's your favorite/least favorite thing about your house/property?

NinjaBum

Established Member
Can be something your home/property either came with or that you added after you started living there.

If there was something really cool about your past homes that you really miss that qualifies as well.

Probably the only cool thing about our home now is our den. It's got this old red brick floor and old school adobe and wood panel walls. Feels like I am sitting in an old Spanish mission when I am hanging out in there.

Least favorite aspect is the carport. It gets really windy here and something about the way the wind comes in blows everyone's dry leaves, grass, or litter into the carport and I have to sweep it out all the damn time.

Bonus points for pics. My house sucks so I r embarrassed.

oldmodman

Established Member
I have two houses next door to each other. i live in one and the other is my office. Both fully paid off.

I bought them due to the large (for los Angeles) lot size. And now I have retired so it's time to develop them.

The plans call for 27 condos going up three floors. Building costs should be about 9 million + or -. Condos sell for around 1.25 million. So after expenses I should be able to pocket (before taxes) around 24 million.

That is why I like my house. :-D

NinjaBum

Established Member
Haha nice man!

I know someone else who did something similar but in India. Owned property next to where they built a Formula 1 track I believe and sold it for millions.

VegasMichael

Established Member
I don't like the fact my home has a stucco exterior but there's not much choice in Vegas. I do like the view I have from my bedroom balcony, though. I love sipping cocktails out here:

IMG_1666.jpg

MovingZen

And I'm on my way!
Established Member
I like my house ok. It could use more closet space and more land. The best house I've had was in Sicily. View out one side was the top of Mt. Etna and out the other was Catania and the Mediterranean.

zporta

KB INSIDE
Established Member
I like that this is the first house I built, I don't like that it's a duplex and has a tiny garage.

Won't be here much longer

NC85

Lurker for Life
Established Member
Least Favorite is my single car garage. Beats no garage, but I figured it'd work the few years I plan to live here.

Favorite is my seat next to the grill on the back patio. Great spot to sit and relax with a drink and enjoy your yard/house especially at night.

Steve1578

Established Member
Least Favorite is my single car garage. Beats no garage, but I figured it'd work the few years I plan to live here.

Favorite is my seat next to the grill on the back patio. Great spot to sit and relax with a drink and enjoy your yard/house especially at night.

Pretty much my same sentiments. I have a single car garage which works but I'd love something bigger. I'm 23 and just purchased it a few months ago, so won't be moving for about 3-5 years probably. Also have a child due in May so I'll be busy spending all my money on him/her. Love my deck off my living room though. I'm up in the mountains a bit so I can see over the whole city. Great for grilling and drinks. Also love the kitchen(full of cleaning supplies, this was the night we moved in)
97bb15eaea3ea67d8652665777aa0279.jpg

44eb71dbf166bf663591aa5e653ecabb.jpg

Last edited:

HudsonFalcon

Established Member
Least favorite thing about my house is the pool. Where the previous owner installed it it gets virtually no sun even in the summer so it's always cold. Plus, it wasn't properly winterized this year so one of the pipes cracked and let water leech into my basement. It's coming out this winter.

Favorite thing is the property. We live on 10 acres on a private road. Closest neighbor is half mile away and they're cool. We can shoot, have big bonfires or whatever without being hassled. We're also on a river so we can fish or just hike some trails.

IMAG0493_zps78twa0y4.jpg

IMAG0459_zpsnzfz2mzn.jpg

jbs$

Established Member
Grounds maintaince, at one point I found doing this took my mind off of other things, now it is just a pain in the ass.

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
I have a pool, I hate it. Thing I guess I like the best is the location, I live right on the outside edge of the suburbs in a really nice area. There's a nice movie theater and restaurants 5 minutes one direction and large working farms 5 minutes the other way.

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
Least favorite thing about my house is the pool. Where the previous owner installed it it gets virtually no sun even in the summer so it's always cold. Plus, it wasn't properly winterized this year so one of the pipes cracked and let water leech into my basement. It's coming out this winter.

Favorite thing is the property. We live on 10 acres on a private road. Closest neighbor is half mile away and they're cool. We can shoot, have big bonfires or whatever without being hassled. We're also on a river so we can fish or just hike some trails.

IMAG0493_zps78twa0y4.jpg

IMAG0459_zpsnzfz2mzn.jpg

All of this. Also we have a log house so it's a bit different from everyone else's house. I hate my pool with a passion, and it's in the way of the pole barn I want to put up in place of the current 22x40 garage.

Last edited:

derklug

Seriously? No, never.
Established Member
Premium Member
My lot size, I could use an additional 500 sq/miles.

Not real keen on neighbors.

rancid

Established Member
Love potential for my unfinished basement and hate the noise from the road behind my house. Our master bedroom faces the road and I hear all kinda of crap that keeps me up at times.

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
My house came with gas forced hot air, first thing I did was add central AC. I'd Rather be too cold than too hot.

Also, my house came with an old shop out back, 4000 sq ft, 40x100, with two 9x9 doors and one 8x8 door. It's not heated, but I can fit 16 cars in the winter in there at $60/month each. I wish it had more height, only 10 feet clearance, so no way to do a lift.

Dusten

Established Member
My shop and my view are my favorite things.
I have a 32x40 shop with a 15' ceiling and 2 12' doors. The shop has a loft above it. It has 240v power, water, built in compressor with hardlines.
20151103_110204_zpsmc4oany2.gif

20150321_133704_zpsfrydb5rl.jpg

20141212_214508_zpsi46b6s4v.jpg

This was it the day we moved in, empty as hell
20141212_173041_zpsdz6kwmkk.jpg

This is the backside of the house, so my view. Its 3 wooded acres, with deer and shit.(that tree blew over, I didn't just cut it down)
20151226_144031_zpsua3xvx74.jpg

My least favorite thing is the trees. Anything that sits outside is ****ing covered in pine needles.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Least favorite is my neighbor and not having a bigger garage. Favorite things are, I have woods in my backyard with deer roaming around all the time. Pretty cool for living in town. And that I have room to build a bigger garage.

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
It's not a house but an apartment, The fact that this is roughly 3 minutes away now.

12321253_10154168262618933_5819421041444470857_n.jpg

So this is the view I basically have is this from my apartment. ( Not the water) but the mountains on the right

ford fanatic

Four Eyed Freak
Established Member
Favorites are that we just added a 600 square foot addition, all new kitchen, painted the whole house and all new flooring...and built a 3 car garage. Projects next year are a new pool and deck. Best part is that it's that we are on 40 wooded acres. I can piss in my front yard and no one will care lol.

Worst is the landscaping, but that will be worked on in the years to come.

Users who are viewing this thread