Whats your favorite gas?

SlammedSVT

Who's ya Daddy?
Established Member
Just wondering what kinda gas everybody likes. I always thought it came from the same place so I am not really picky. The only thing I am picking about is buying gas from a pump with just one handle. I always buy my gas from stations where the 93 has its own handle.

Snakestress

Drag Queen
Established Member
Gas in asia- between 91-100 octane :eek:

But im not picky, as long as its cheap. Sometimes its chevron. Just no AM/PM Arco (50/50 water gas mixture what i heard) :D

FordFanStan

Established Member
Anything that gets me higher than Im already drunk :shrug:.. This topic has been beat to death numerous times again and again. But none the less, I use any Mobil, Shell, or preferably Chevron here in Cali... I just wish near here there was some some mid 90 octane... Stan

Skoalman

Banned
It all gets refined and comes from the same place yo, Pick whatever brand you like, but it's the same fuel that the other guys use.

As for octane, I usually run a 91/100 blend, week in and week out. (Averages 62 miles a day and gets 14.2 mpg).

Octane is a lot more important than brand name.
And be sure to fill up when no gas trucks are around, (they rustle up all the sediment in the tanks when they fill them).

FordFanStan

Established Member
To ease in understanding to Skoal's reply for the lay, when a fuel truck comes to fill up a gas station, (all the particles in fuel: dust, debris, water, rocks, etc. are heavier than fuel so they settle on the bottom of the gas station's tanks), it dumps fuel in the tank arousing the sediments to the top which in turn get sucked up by the pumps if filled anytime soon after the fill truck was there, so be cautious and never fill anytime so after a fill truck has been there. You can ask a regular station nearby your house when the fill truck comes and find out and plan your fill-ups around that if need be....

PS. Skoal, I use to be a heavy Cope customer, then moved to Skoal, since moved to leaf; Beech Nut and Levi, (like spitting motor oil haha), but now quit and am free of that nasty habit haha... Stan

Skoalman

Banned
FordFanStan said:
PS. Skoal, I use to be a heavy Cope customer, then moved to Skoal, since moved to leaf; Beech Nut and Levi, (like spitting motor oil haha), but now quit and am free of that nasty habit haha... Stan

Thanks for the breakdown.
I'll need to move to the leaf in order to break this 10 year habit..

Back to the gas though, you were 100% correct, People need to stay away from the pumps if gas filling trucks are present. Just go across the street, (It's the same fuel.).

Skrapmetal

Established Member
No one sells 93 here for some reason. I go to BP's for 92, everyone else sells 91 as their premium.

Dunno if it's a statewide thing, or just my city.

Derek@Amazon

RTCTTFMF!!!
Established Member
VP import (123oct)

i really like nitromethaine thought. has a good scent, one of those you know its killing brain cell scent.

but usally settle for C16 with a cherry scent...

00SVT

KB Powered
Established Member
I ran 93 in the Gen. 2, got it from the same pump and station every time. Quiktrip and never got a bad tank of gas. I get away with the mid grade in the Gen. 1 and it's a hella lot cheaper than the 93. But things may change in a few months.

Users who are viewing this thread