What's your cobra worth?

SVT DAN

Established Member
What ever anybody is willing to pay. Yes I understand that and no I'm not looking for a sale price. I'm going to the bank tomorrow to refinance my cobra. Better credit now, no other car payment now. Anyways I was looking at my loan to value and I checked three different cars value sites. Nada, kbb, and a google search result "webuyyourcar.com" or something close to that. My cobra averaged out to $21k. Anybody else check their values lately? Just wondering about depreciation value. Kinda worries me with the new 2013/2014 gt500.

dwish

Established Member
I don't see how the 2013/2014 GT500 lessens the value of an 03/04 Cobra. Explain?

SVT DAN

Established Member
Idk if they will or not. But I would assume (yes I know what happens) that since the '13-'14 are being production ran similar to the terminator and being of such high horsepower that the terminator will lose its luster for lack of a better word. That's wasn't the intentions of my thread tho.

SVT_Troy

Established Member
20.5k is what I believe my bank bluebooked it for when I bought mine. Personally, if someone offered me 26k, they can have my car!

usmcsvtwannabe

Not a noob
Established Member
I want to say I would never sell my baby because I love that thing but every man has his price, mine being pretty high right now......at about 25k

87poopstang

Established Member
it wld be hard to let it go. low production # and miles whipple mystichrome vert but i say 30k n i wld let her go w a tear in my eye lol

b_dike

Established Member
In 2011 when I bought mine, the bank valued my car at 23k. That was with 69k miles on it. Not sure where they get their figures from, but that was almost 7k more than what I paid for it...

SVT DAN

Established Member
When I purchased mine in 2011 it was valued at $22k. That was with 6,XXX miles. It has 13,XXX now so I guess I will see tomorrow what the bank will value it at.

SatinSnake

Established Member
Mine was valued at 21k back in May with 32k miles. The hardest part was getting a bank to loan that much on a 10 year old vehicle.

Det.Bullitt

Banned
I'm not sure I could sell mine. With so much dough in it amd a new set of True Forged Chicanes on the way my car just gets better and better. Although this is not my favorite Mustang I've ever owned. For some reason my 2001 Bullitt was my favorite. Maybe it's because it was my first ever new edge car and I waited so long before I ever ended up getting a new edge car. the new edge cars are really special. In my opinion they are the modern day 65's. I hope the 2015 Mustang goes back to the size of the new edge cars.

03sm3341

Established Member
Mines worth more to me than anyone else. Guess I wont get my asking price. lol It would be a cold day in hell before I sold mine.

Slightly Motivated

Stormtrooper
Established Member
Since she was daily driven, my body n paint are nowhere near perfect, but are acceptable. And I just hit 50,000 miles. She's definitely worth more to me than an knowledgable mustang'er would be willing to pay. If I had to pick a starting sale price id probably start at 22,000 knowing that it would probably end up at 18, if not lower.

But I intend on keeping it for a very long time. Even if I got a newer weekend warrior, i would still love to throw my motor in an shelby cobra kit car and part out the rest of my 04.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

SADDLE

Rock Chalk
Established Member
Yeah, like everyone else in this thread, I'd need a stupid amount of money to sell mine. With ~4,000 miles and what I would describe as very tastefully modded. Also, the fact that I have every single factory part, nut and bolt to put it back to factory stock. Needless to say, but I'm not planning on selling it, ever.

Users who are viewing this thread