whats your best rock concert memory?

stangnut

WETAHDED FRICKIN' NOOB
Established Member
mine was pink floyd in tampa stadium 1994. it was almost a religous experience! :bowdown: we were at the exact opposite end of the stage and i was depressed that we had bad seats,until the show started! when they got towards the end of comfortably numb and the ball opened and the little lights filled the stadium,that was just awesome! to this day when i hear that song i still get goosebumps.:rockon: thought i would get to see them again but i guess that won't happen now.:(

Adam.L.

Established Member
1991 Clash of the Titans show - Alice in Chains, Megadeath, Slayer, and Anthrax. The music was good for the era, I was very tired from partying the night before, was partying again, and Dave Mustaine from Megadeath was crying because people were ripping the sod up and throwing it at them.

I've been to [musically] better concerts, this one just happened to be the most memorable. The quantity of sod and dirt in the air was amazing.

ByeOfficer

Fast cop in FL
Established Member
It was Orlando outdoor event in 93 or 94. Forgot who the opening act was but the headliner was Live. Anyhow, while standing there w/my buds listening to "lightning crashes" there stands a guy in front of me and his girlfriend was on her knees going to town on him. What a laugh a minute.

gump

aka jamz
Established Member
Judas Priest in the '84 "Defenders of the Faith" tour

Iron Maiden's "Slave Tour" i think it was called.

speedfreak440

Gear Jammer
Established Member
Velvet Revolver about two years ago (whenever there opening tour was). I really liked GNR & STP & together they put on a really great show. Venue was the BJC in Birmingham, Al.

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
Motley Crue 8 times in the mid-late 80s

1 time we were about 10 feet from the girl backup singers. Talked to them between songs.
Got no where thaough. lol

Recently, Hanging out with Ratt on the tour bus.

gregorio

Established Member
:rockon: Puddle of Mudd, Tikrit Iraq. 8 flatbed trucks side by side made the stage, in old iraqi soccer stadium.:rockon:

Red Shift

2.6 + 4.6=GAWDAMN!!
Established Member
Hum in St Louis. It was their 1st to last show before they broke up.

It was stripped down with no bullshit or frills. No fancy lights or pretty poeple. It was all music.

On the other end of the spectrum I just saw Tool in Cape Girardeau and if I was on blotter I would have went home and killed myself. Total sensory overload. Cool shit. Even the stage floor was a projected image

Ride Along

i has an avatar!
Established Member
Stone Temple Pilots and Radiohead at the Aragon Ballroom in Chicago. It was such a small venue to see such great bands. STP had these huge lava-lamps (projections) on either side of the stage. We had to have been about third row. My ears are still ringing.

Tied for first is Lollapalooza: STP, Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, Ministry, Jane's Addiction, Ice Cube.... all in one day. I went to two different stops on that tour. Alpine Valley and World.

wally9404

Established Member
Red Shift said:
Hum in St Louis. It was their 1st to last show before they broke up.

It was stripped down with no bullshit or frills. No fancy lights or pretty poeple. It was all music.

On the other end of the spectrum I just saw Tool in Cape Girardeau and if I was on blotter I would have went home and killed myself. Total sensory overload. Cool shit. Even the stage floor was a projected image
i loved the sixty's!!

Lucy in the Sky with
Diamonds!!

txyaloo

Established Member
One of the funniest has got to be Bocktoberfest a few year back in a huge pit. Some old chick was there with her daughter and people started to mosh around her. She got pissed and started pushing them around I guess not knowing it'd make them push her even harder. Finally she had enough, reared back, and clocked one right in the side of the head. He went to the ground fast. Everyone around was high fiving her. It was hilarious.

Defknotzero

Established Member
I think it was last year or two years ago when i went to see In Flames/Trivium/Devil Driver @ the House of blues! Amazing show!

Also, Q101's Jamboree 99' :

2 Skinnee J's
Blink 182
Silverchair
Blondie
Hole
Offspring
Red Hot Chili Peppers Puya
Kottonmouth Kings
Lit
Local H
The Flys
Orgy

^ Awesome show!!!

And Q101's Twisted 7

Offspring, Live, Everlast, the Deftones, Papa Roach, Disturbed, Incubus, Orgy and Cypress Hill.

Oh, and Twisted 6 :)

Bush, Oasis, Filter, Foo Fighters, Blink 182, Fiona Apple, Moby, RunDMC

Sorry, I have too many awesome concert memories.

ElGato

There is no cure
Established Member
Motorhead, any show... but especially when Nashville Pussy opened for them. Small club, loud music...tone deaf forever.

Recently, Judas Priest's Angel of Retribution tour. Man, Rob Halford still can sing.

lloyyd

Cobra-less again
Established Member
The first time I saw Tool. October, 2001 they came to Nashville on the Lateralus tour. Awesome visuals plus the naked contortionists from the Schism video. Best concert I've ever seen. I've seen them four more times since but nothing compares to that one.

greenstang1313

back in black
Established Member
hydroshutter said:
I saw Chris Cornell this year and had front row. I also got to meet him.

:rockon: :rockon:

I saw lynyrd skynyrd and doobie brothers a few months ago. Like the OP said, it was almost a religious experience.

oldmodman

Established Member
Pink Floyd's Animals tour.

I was part of the sound crew/roadie.

Both Cal Jam festivals, worked sound at both of them.

Don't remember that much, drunk/stoned all the time, just like everyone else.

God I loved the seventies. Just after the pill was invented and before AIDS.:rockon:

rcknrol

Established Member
Elvis Presley - 1974 in Memphis
Johnny Cash - 1979 in Manhattan, Ks.
Paul McCartney - 1991 Cleveland and 1992 Kansas City
Kiss - 1996 in Kansas City

Users who are viewing this thread