What's wrong with this truck?

velocicaur

Established Member
I stumbled on this truck today. 2020 F250 Lariat. It looks like it was a fleet vehicle but how many fleet trucks are Lariat? It was probably the boss's truck.

It's about ~$8000 less than the next comparable vehicle. I checked the VIN on Carvana and they offered 48,800 for it. It seems like a heck of a buy at that price. You can probably drive that truck for the next three years for $7500.

Why is it so cheap?

Edit: I don't have the money. Someone can pick it up and I won't be bitter.

Last edited:

Bullitt1448

Established Member
What does the car fax say? Accident maybe, engine or trans issue? I have heard they were having transmission issues in those years

velocicaur

Established Member
Carfax is clean. It has the 10 speed in it.

The rental thing is strange but it says fleet on the carfax toward the bottom. Either way, drive the thing and get rid of it with 90-100k miles. You get to drive a $70k truck for about $7500 plus maintenance.

Heck of a deal if it checks out.

Bullitt1448

Established Member
It may be a misprint, I had one that was on a suburban, dealer refused to honor advertised price. If it’s legit, scoop it up

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
something is definitely wrong. I say its a typo on the pricing or there's something fishy with the title. There is no scenario where a dealer just gives a $20k discount for no reason

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
I stumbled on this truck today. 2020 F250 Lariat. It looks like it was a fleet vehicle but how many fleet trucks are Lariat? It was probably the boss's truck.

It's about ~$8000 less than the next comparable vehicle. I checked the VIN on Carvana and they offered 48,800 for it. It seems like a heck of a buy at that price. You can probably drive that truck for the next three years for $7500.

Why is it so cheap?

Edit: I don't have the money. Someone can pick it up and I won't be bitter.

Did you confirm the dealer exists? Has to be a scam. Go through the list of trucks on their website. No way this is real.

JaCobro

Luke 10:19
Established Member
Premium Member
IMG_9982.jpeg

I’m assuming all those reduced prices are for the same reason.

velocicaur

Established Member
That would explain it.

These vehicles must have insurance on them. Why wouldn't they get fixed? Is a Carfax report with hail damage that bad? It shouldn't be a big deal if it was fixed properly and an insurance repair should be decent?

Still an interesting truck but I'm glad that someone figured it out.

96dreamer

Established Member
I'm assuming the pictures aren't current. That dealer is only ~20 minutes from me. We've had a hand full of storms come through with some serious hail in the past few weeks. Know of a few people that had cars totaled out. I was lucky enough to only get golf ball sized with minimal damage but baseball and even softball size was pretty common.

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
It's gonna ride like shit
4x4 package, non fx4
3" radio screen not even "info-tainment"
Will need Coke bottle glasses to see the screen (extra cost)
Hard Pass:ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Hail damage. Probably $10-12k worth. rather than fixing it, they'll discount it $8k and scoop the balance.

EDIT: It's sketchy that they didn't update the photos after the hailstorm.

JaCobro

Luke 10:19
Established Member
Premium Member
That doesn't show up on the Carfax and I couldn't find it listed anywhere on the page for that particular truck.

But I still think it's a bait and switch.
I don’t see it on the auto trader listing page. But it is on the dealer mobile version listing page. It’s literally the last sentence of the ad at the bottom of the page. Which I think is a bit sketchy also.

Users who are viewing this thread