whats up with TPS on Accufab TB?

White Whine

Resident Jabberwalkie
Established Member
I saw on lfp they have the accufab TB with and without a new TPS. On JLPs site there is no option but the price is about what LFP charges with the TPS. Whats the difference and is there any reason I'd want the new TPS? Yes I know what a throttle positioning sensor is (mine went out on my old SRT), just wondering why id need a new one with a new tb, thanks.

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
slowneon said:
I saw on lfp they have the accufab TB with and without a new TPS. On JLPs site there is no option but the price is about what LFP charges with the TPS. Whats the difference and is there any reason I'd want the new TPS? Yes I know what a throttle positioning sensor is (mine went out on my old SRT), just wondering why id need a new one with a new tb, thanks.

You don't need a new TPS. Call Mark at LFP for the Accufab. :banana:

White Whine

Resident Jabberwalkie
Established Member
LIGHTNING LARRY said:
yeah, my little wish list is being formed for them, they answer their emails quickly and give me good, honest info. thanks.

Freedom

Established Member

The one with a TPS comes already calibrated, my TPS has been a pain in the arse to calibrate on the accufab. I also would suggest you spend the money on something other than the accufab, it gave me no gains at all, in fact I am probably going back to the stock TB, so I would sell you mine :) I really wish I had put the TB money towards a SC porting instead....

Robert Francis

Established Member
I didnt have any particular problems calibrating my TPS on my Accufab. Started out at .96v - adjusted it to .98-.99v.

But if you're looking for any significant power gains here - unless you're already kicking out about 425hp - you won't see any.

White Whine

Resident Jabberwalkie
Established Member
Robert Francis said:
I didnt have any particular problems calibrating my TPS on my Accufab. Started out at .96v - adjusted it to .98-.99v.

But if you're looking for any significant power gains here - unless you're already kicking out about 425hp - you won't see any.
yeah you know, I have already pretty much made my mind up that a simple porting is the best way to go for my goals, and the cheapest, but all the stuff I read never knocked a tb and its actually the most restrictive part of our intake aside from the stock box and filter as far as I've read. I figured if I port the eaton and plenum and just swap the tb thatd be good together, but I dunno, still researching.

White Whine

Resident Jabberwalkie
Established Member
Freedom said:
The one with a TPS comes already calibrated, my TPS has been a pain in the arse to calibrate on the accufab. I also would suggest you spend the money on something other than the accufab, it gave me no gains at all, in fact I am probably going back to the stock TB, so I would sell you mine :) I really wish I had put the TB money towards a SC porting instead....
hmm...so what is there to calibrating and if its an issue, do I even have to use the add on tps, cant I just use the stocker? how much you want for it?

IEatGt's

FormerGarageQueenPro
Established Member
LIGHTNING LARRY said:

hey Larry, why did you decide against using the Billetflow TB?? availability issues??

STL Lightning

Established Member
IEatGt's said:
hey Larry, why did you decide against using the Billetflow TB?? availability issues??

It is too bad Billetflow stopped producing TB's for a while for the Lightning. I was lucky enough to find one used since I think Accufab is too hit or miss on quality.

-Mark

IEatGt's

FormerGarageQueenPro
Established Member
LIGHTNING LARRY said:
That and I wanted a polished TB. The ACCUFAB has a very nice finish. :rockon:

:beer: I forgot about the under-hood bling-o-rama you've got going on!! did you chrome the block yet?? :poke:

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
Red03SVT said:
I didn't know Accufab was having a quality issue.... What would be a sign of a quality issue? (i.e. how would the truck respond?)

-Mike

Huh? wHERE DID YOU GET THAT?
No quality issues with my ACCUFAB at all. It looks and works perfect. :rockon:

White Whine

Resident Jabberwalkie
Established Member
no one answered, can you remove the tps from the "tps included" tb and just install the tb to the factory tps?

UVa SVT

Established Member
LIGHTNING LARRY said:
Huh? wHERE DID YOU GET THAT?
No quality issues with my ACCUFAB at all. It looks and works perfect. :rockon:

OOPS! in the post about 3 posts above mine I thought he said reliability issues... I reread and it said "availability" .... I think I just scanned this post too quickly? :shrug:

....I'm retarded

-Mike

Users who are viewing this thread