What's up with this intake? (5.0)

95sn95

Blue Devil!
Established Member
Check out these pics of the TurboHorsepower.com 87-95 kit. What the hell is going on with the intake? Is that a custom intake? Does the kit require that the intake is reversed?

EDIT: Sorry for the huge pics. BTW this kit seems pretty dope...only $4500, which is only $500 more than the 2.2KB/Flowzilla for the 5.0.

94_Kit_Pics_015.jpg

94_Kit_Pics_016.jpg

94_Kit_Pics_020.jpg

Last edited:

95sn95

Blue Devil!
Established Member
I found this on fnsweet:

attachment.php

So it has some wacky filter BEHIND the intake...interesting. I wonder how I've never heard of this. I also wonder if that turbo kit requires the Roush intake... :read:

SVTContique

That looks like one of those pictures of "How a turbocharger works" Looks kinda like how the new Prochager fits on the 05 Stangs.

Mike_Galimi

Established Member
That is the old Roush intake manifold, they don't sell it anymore. An old project car here at Muslce Mustangs had one of those intakes many years ago. It was a 1995 Mustang that eventually got a Cartech turbo kit installed. The intake worked decent but it was real heavy and real expensive.

Rumor is that Roush designed at the request of Ford and was to be used on a Cobra R, but then the idea was scrapped. Roush ended up selling intakes to justify the engineering costs. But that is all just a rumor about why the intake was designed.

95sn95

Blue Devil!
Established Member
Mike_Galimi said:
That is the old Roush intake manifold, they don't sell it anymore. An old project car here at Muslce Mustangs had one of those intakes many years ago. It was a 1995 Mustang that eventually got a Cartech turbo kit installed. The intake worked decent but it was real heavy and real expensive.

Rumor is that Roush designed at the request of Ford and was to be used on a Cobra R, but then the idea was scrapped. Roush ended up selling intakes to justify the engineering costs. But that is all just a rumor about why the intake was designed.

Thanks man, that's some sweet info. I saw on the fnsweet.com forums that the intake kits are selling for like $2000! That's insane. Just get a systemax :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread