What's up w/ my tranny...?

dagoboy

The Wop
Established Member
I am getting kind of nervous...1st to 2nd gear good....2nd to 3rd....? It seems to take a long time to shift, 20 to 40 mph before it finally shifts into 3rd. I bought the truck w/ a few mods already on it....could the previous owner have put a FTVB on it? It shifts really firm into each gear... What do you guys think, bad trans, or normal shifts? If there is something aftermarket on it that causes this how can i find out? :shrug:

Last edited:

dagoboy

The Wop
Established Member
Ok... pretend im Lightning Larry( :bowdown: ) w/ this problem... and i would have 20 replies in the first 5 mins...lolol. Come on, 34 lookers and no help. :whine:

slvrlightning

Usual Suspect
Established Member
does yout tranny pan have a drain plug on it? and you could always pull the pan and if it is a FTVB then it will have G Evans signature on it. :shrug:

BlownBolt

Doesn't Care
Established Member
Mine does the same thing with my mods but i just thought it my tune. Is it bad for your tranny to shift hard?

chuchomula

"Rehab'd Ricer"
Established Member
Mine would shift very very hard before it went bad. Now 2nd gear slips and as far as I know it does not have a FTVB.

Rdnckhoops

Did the previous owner have a predetor or Xcal 2? if so they may have boosted the line pressure. Mine first tune was like that and the shifts were like what you are talking about. Or it could just be a FTVB

blownsvtlightning

Established Member
slvrlightning said:
does yout tranny pan have a drain plug on it? and you could always pull the pan and if it is a FTVB then it will have G Evans signature on it. :shrug:

It it has a drain plug then someone has been in there for some reason, cins the L did not come factory wtih one. If that is the case then most likely you have a FTVB or similiar.

Users who are viewing this thread