What's this car worth?

Kabuki_notch

Established Member
Hey guys I would like your input on what my car is worth/what I should ask for it. Here's the scoop the car is a Theft Recovery, I do know it's been hit in the door and the passenger side quarter panel. The car has a Clean NY title here are the specs

1993 Cobra #4878 Black/Gray Cloth
76k miles on body
68k on GT motor/T5
Vortech V1-SC trim
255 lph fuel pump
Aluminum Radiator
Cobra Upper/lower intake
2 chamber flowmasters
offroad h-pipe
BBK Ceramic coated headers
tubular k-member
southside liftbars
tokiko adjustables in back
MMR coil-overs
17x8.5 replica cobra wheels new goodyear f1 eagles
Newly painted spoiler/front bumper
new headlights/foglights

Flaws
Dent on each door small but noticable
no e-brake
small dent on hood
crack in the rear bumper
some scratches on roof
dents on cowl panel where hood flew up

4bxpuup.jpg

tunedin302

Runnin' with the devil
Established Member
Is this really happening?? :cryying: Good luck Rob :beer:

Last edited:

JoyRydn 03

Established Member
Kabuki_notch said:
Hey guys I would like your input on what my car is worth/what I should ask for it. Here's the scoop the car is a Theft Recovery, I do know it's been hit in the door and the passenger side quarter panel. The car has a Clean NY title here are the specs

1993 Cobra #4878 Black/Gray Cloth
76k miles on body
68k on GT motor/T5
Vortech V1-SC trim
255 lph fuel pump
Aluminum Radiator
Cobra Upper/lower intake
2 chamber flowmasters
offroad h-pipe
BBK Ceramic coated headers
tubular k-member
southside liftbars
tokiko adjustables in back
MMR coil-overs
17x8.5 replica cobra wheels new goodyear f1 eagles
Newly painted spoiler/front bumper
new headlights/foglights

Flaws
Dent on each door small but noticable
no e-brake
small dent on hood
crack in the rear bumper
some scratches on roof
dents on cowl panel where hood flew up

4bxpuup.jpg

Based on what you've said. I would say your car is worth?

1) Theft Recovery with possible title issues
2) Car had been in major passenger side accident
3) Incorrect engine
4) No emergency brake which would make me believe that there are other
underlying issues if you look long and hard enough.
5) Several dents, dings,cracks and scrathes on a majority of the body surface

$5000 - $6000 TOPS! If these are the only issues and the cars starts,drives and shifts like it's suppose to. The car is worth what someone is willing to pay,for me I'd be hard pressed to offer anything over $6k and thats contingent apon driveability.

Kabuki_notch

Established Member
well, like I said the title is clean and the e-brake just isnt hooked up but the price range you mentioned is close to what I was thinking myself, I had an offer without the s/c which was in that range appreciate the response.

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
$7-8K. Just because it's supercharged. That really turns some people on. But really, it just depends on how well it was put together, and the quality of the paint, etc.

Last edited:

~Ray~

Established Member
I'd say it's worth $6k for someone who don't care about the car wether it's a Cobra or not or the fact that it's been wrecked, etc, etc.

My what it's worth would be $5k @ most & that's considering everything else is mint.

Kabuki_notch

Established Member
interesting, what's the main factor bringing the cost down the wrecked/theft recovery or is it the motor? I'm just curious I sold a stock GT last yr for $5500

~Ray~

Established Member
Everything, this Cobra would cost thousands just to fix to look decent & then to restore eveything that's been replaced. Even after that it still wouldn't be worth but $6-7k with a Theft/Salvage title & wrecked Carfax.

Last edited:

cobra186

Stang Trader
Established Member
I think it would be worth 6500-7000 with the S/C for a quick sell. Even with its issues its still a 93 Cobra and has a Vortech.

If it were my car I would at least install a Cobra intake since they can be had cheap. Installing a set of iron GT-40s would also help, they are cheap but the labor kind of eats you up though.

I bet you could remove the Vortech and list it on ebay just N/A and it would bring $6k or so... again just because its a cobra.

Kabuki_notch

Established Member
I agree cobra186 it actually has a cobra upper/lower but you right if I got 6k out of the car N/A I would be happy I mean selling a Vortech wouldnt be hard considering it has less than 300 miles on it. Thanks for your input

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
if you are running the replica wheels, does the car have the rear discs? I thought that I heard that you can't run the replica wheels with the factory cobra rear discs?

Does the car have the cobra maf, 65mm TB and cobra ecu? What about the tranny is that a stock gt or the cobra? Has it been driven in winters in NY? Is the undercarriage all rusty?

I am with everyone else 5k maybe more depending on some of the above answers.

cobra186

Stang Trader
Established Member
For comparison there is a Black "salvage title" 93 Cobra on ebay with over half the interior gone and it has a $7k bid with a couple days still left.

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
cobra186 said:
For comparison there is a Black "salvage title" 93 Cobra on ebay with over half the interior gone and it has a $7k bid with a couple days still left.

That's why I always estimate high on these threads... Incomplete salvage title cobras bring $5-$6K. People post up complete running salvage cars with extras, and some of these guys are saying $4-$5K is all they're worth?

I was in the market for an incomplete cobra and the cheapest one I could find was $6500 and it was a theft recovery (Was looking to do a terminator drivetrain).

Users who are viewing this thread