Whats this 1990 saleen worth?

G04cobra

Established Member
Like the title says, any suggestions as to what the value of the car is? It has a salvage title.
saleen1.jpg

saleen2.jpg

saleen.jpg

snakecharmer

Established Member
Salvage title, plus it has the wrong stripes and is missing the correct wheels? I wouldn't give a penny over 7K for it, and that's only if the rest of the car is absolutely perfect and correct.

G04cobra

Established Member
Here is the interior, the owner also has the original wheels as well. He also said he contacted Saleen and according to the vin# that was the corresponding set of stickers.

interior2.jpg

interior1.jpg

interior.jpg

interior3.jpg

Nukem1040

Established Member
Mileage?
If you got the stock rims and Saleen say's those stickers are correct, (curious why they are different as Snakecharmer stated) I would say $9-$10k. Yeah salvage title and in the back, but this is a piece of history and only few made with so many around. I'd love to have this car! GL

Steve@BAS

Established Member
Mileage?
If you got the stock rims and Saleen say's those stickers are correct, (curious why they are different as Snakecharmer stated) I would say $9-$10k. Yeah salvage title and in the back, but this is a piece of history and only few made with so many around. I'd love to have this car! GL

9-10K???

I was thinking more like 3-4K MAX.

There are too many other nicer foxes out there to spend a ton on the saleen name. This one looks worn, has been wrecked, etc.

Look else where and get something nicer, faster, mint history and save some cash. IMO

flattrack53

Established Member
I have a 1988 saleen mustang forsale which is completly stock and 66k miles. I will sell it for $9500.

Live Life Fresh

Skilled Rookie
Established Member
This is a judgment call that only a buyer can determine, or perhaps some very knowledgeable appraisers, can answer. Yes the title is tainted but the fact that it is very much a collectible, with low production numbers and a decrease in "survivor" numbers, challenges that title's discrepancy; even when a balance is reached between the positives and negatives about the car, it still should rank way past the $6k mark. $3-4k is a joke.

NO-BlkLightning2K

Putin 2016. Yup.
Established Member
dude, it's a saleen. so obviously that car is priceless. buy it and sell it to some dumbass kid that believes saleen is king of the world. shouldn't be that difficult.

SNCBOOM

Established Member
I personally wouldn't want to give more than $4k for that based on the pictures alone.

G04cobra

Established Member
Here's the full scoop, I lost my job a couple of months ago and sold my cobra on Saturday:nonono:. On Monday I bought the Saleen. On Tuesday I got 2 job offers and the buyer of my cobra who knew my situation was nice enough to offer to sell the cobra back to me. Although the Saleen is a solid car, in order to buy the cobra back I'd have to sell the Saleen. I'll probably end up putting it in the market place soon I miss the cobra way too much.:whine:

Users who are viewing this thread