Whats the widest tire you can go on a 9" wheel?

Nicky Pass

...boom goes the dynamite
Established Member
I found a nice set of Y2K Cobra Rs, but they are replicas, so tey are 9" wide instead of the OEM 9.5"s.

whocares

Established Member
I-CAN-STANG said:
315 Nitto's fit fine on the stock 9" wheels.
normal_scan0002%7E0.jpg

SVT8U

Established Member
I-CAN-STANG said:
315 Nitto's fit fine on the stock 9" wheels.
he's right. nitto 315's will have no prob on a 9 inch rim. Only nitto 315's will work tho cuz bfg goodyear etc have 315's that are much wider than the nittos, and they will NOT fit on a 9 inch rim. For some reason nittos run narrower than the other manufacturers......hope this helps

vipergts281

Established Member
SVT8U said:
he's right. nitto 315's will have no prob on a 9 inch rim. Only nitto 315's will work tho cuz bfg goodyear etc have 315's that are much wider than the nittos, and they will NOT fit on a 9 inch rim. For some reason nittos run narrower than the other manufacturers......hope this helps
Damn, so 315 BFG's won't fit a 9" rim then?

I was thinking of getting BFG KDW's in 315's for my Saleen's....18" x 9"

SVT8U

Established Member
nope nittos 315 are the only 315s that fit on a 9 inch rim. bfg 315s are much wider. You could go with a 295 bfg and be about the same width as the nitto 315

RAZRS EDGE

Stay Humble
Established Member
SVT8U said:
Sorry bud, your wrong. I have been running 315 BFG's on my stock 9" wheels for about 6 months now. No problems whatsoever.

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
RAZRS EDGE said:
Sorry bud, your wrong. I have been running 315 BFG's on my stock 9" wheels for about 6 months now. No problems whatsoever.

also, don't your tires rub one of the bolts on the suspension?? i heard in order to run non-nitto 315's you had to trim/shave a suspension bolt

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I've run 315's before with no problems.. I think we just had a customer buy some 17" Wheels and the Hoosier 335 DR's to see how they fit.. waiting to hear on that one! Jared

RAZRS EDGE

Stay Humble
Established Member
vipergts281 said:
Have any pictures? I'm curious what it looks like.

Thanks.
They are on in my sig pic. I'll try anf get a better one for you.

kirks5oh said:
also, don't your tires rub one of the bolts on the suspension?? i heard in order to run non-nitto 315's you had to trim/shave a suspension bolt
No grinding or rubbing here.

Miamifan1354

De Chapter of the MACA
Established Member
I've seen a bunch of people with BFG 315's on thier stock rims. They just bulge alot. The tire rubbing problem isn't as much of a problem as long as the car is on the ground. It's when the tires become unloaded that rubbing becomes an issue. That bolt sits in the wheel well while the tires are loaded but can cause problems if you were to go over a big enough bump that the tires would become unloaded.

Users who are viewing this thread