Whats the safest way to trade wheels across state lines?

Sonik Blur

]V[EGADET]-[
Established Member
I found a person that wants to trade for my GT500 wheels and tires but he is about 12 hours away from me, and even by meeting halfway, that is still a journey. Do you guys have any suggestions as to what the safest way is to get this trade done? There is no money involved, straight-up trade.

I'm sure the guy is honest and everything (and I have NEVER screwed someone over) but in this day and age you can never be too cautious. I'm sure he has the same reservations as me, he doesn't know me.

-Mike

BigSweezey

<insert witty title here>
Established Member
Pretty much always a risk. Me and another member were gonna trade rims. We couldn't come to a middle ground so the deal fell thru. I wanted us both to ship the wheels to a third party and then have him ship them once both set got there and inspected. Was gonna end up costing so much in shipping...couple hundred between the 2 of us. But probably the safest way.

Sonik Blur

]V[EGADET]-[
Established Member
I'm having a hard time trying to get off of work AND borrow the work truck to drive 300 miles for a set of wheels, LOL! The actual trip itself is no problem. Looks like I might have to keep trying to get the day off or say screw it.

-Mike

Users who are viewing this thread