whats the perfect size maf to run on..

98cobrancali

the mustang man
Established Member
i am looking into getting a pro m, but i have no idea what is the perfect size for a pretty much stock 98 cobra, anyone having any recommendations?

White98SVT

Established Member
I've been told that 80mm is good for n/a and around 87 for a forced induction car.

I have the 80mm C&L on mine and it's great.:beer:

98cobrancali

the mustang man
Established Member
cool thanks, that will probably be my next thing unless i get rear control arms, by the way do you have any bigger pics of your car?

USMCracing

Established Member
I think the 96 up Cobra's have a stock 80mm MAF. I put the C&L on mine and I couldn't tell a diff. The Pro M is better and I wish I would have went with it instead of the C&L. If I were you I'd hold off on the MAF until you get more mods where you need more air. Get headers instead.

Alex_96Cobra

Cant Sleep-Clown'l eat me
Established Member
I tried the 80 MM Pro-M unit and couldnt really tell the diff. So between USMCracing(C&L) and me(PRO-M) we can pretty much tell you that the money would be better spent on the control arms or a good set of subframe connectors.

A

EDIT: Headers would be cool too :thumbsup:

Last edited:

98cobrancali

the mustang man
Established Member
i havent felt any difference in anything i put on, besides gears and shifter, are you really going to feel a difference with something so minor? especially n/a? but i am probably going to have to get a clutch next anyway cause i think mine is going, then probably control arms. i would like to get some nice longtubes but I cant afford that right now, plus i just put on the off road h pipe, thanks for the comments though

98cobrancali

the mustang man
Established Member
thanks for the pics, thats a beautiful car, just the way i wanted mine done, one of these days i will get mine done the way i want it though, slowly but surely, hopefully it will be as nice as yours

White98SVT

Established Member
Originally posted by 98cobrancali
thanks for the pics, thats a beautiful car, just the way i wanted mine done, one of these days i will get mine done the way i want it though, slowly but surely, hopefully it will be as nice as yours

Thanks for the compliments man. It's taken a while on a college budget to get it looking that way. Plus some good deals I found on the way.

The R hood is out soon in favor of the MPS Saleen style heat extractor hood.

98cobrancali

the mustang man
Established Member
i know what you mean, i dont make much in the military so im going slow too, but hey if you want to sell that r hood let me know

White98SVT

Established Member
Originally posted by 98cobrancali
i know what you mean, i dont make much in the military so im going slow too, but hey if you want to sell that r hood let me know

Little bit at a time man. Unfortunately I already have a buyer for the hood. Sorry man.

OCCOBRA

Picture Whirled Peas
Established Member
I bought a C&L and i returned it. Lost torque in the lower rpm's If anything my car went slower with headers, bassini exhaust and magnaflow mufflers. Once you s/c then it would make a difference.

venomous

snapping like a squirrel
Established Member
mafs

Try talking to Pro-M and ask about their 83mm plastic unit...my buddy runs that setup on his with just an exhaust and gears he likes it alot more than the C&L. Also take a look at Kenne Bell and their meters, they use ford style electronics and I have heard really good things from their MAF's.

Users who are viewing this thread