what's the outcome gonna be

so9956

Established Member
ok, my friend wants to race me, just a friendly race, no trash talking or anything, just really curious which is faster, he has an '07 mustang GT with a CAI, magnapacks, dynatech headers, high flow cats, throttle body (i think it's a twin blade), and a tune. I have magnapacks, high flow cats, dynatech headers, CAI, plenum, sbtb, and a tune. We are going to race from from a dig, he's like me and doesn't believe in that rolling bullshit. The only thing I am worried about is that I have SERIOUS traction issues. I have the eagle f1's which I hate and are going bald, I just haven't ordered any new shoes yet. I am still trying to perfect launching it but haven't had too much time to work on it. Anyway, I have only raced once and it was my friends '03 M3 that had a chip and took him by about 3 length. So......let's hear ya'lls opinions, which is it gonna be.

pitstain

I love appetizer samplers
Established Member
1/4 tank of gas, don't eat breakfast and you should have no trouble.....STUPID 07 gt's.....BAH :)

FleeMan

Established Member
Premium Member
pitstain said:
1/4 tank of gas, don't eat breakfast and you should have no trouble.....STUPID 07 gt's.....BAH :)

And if you do eat breakfast, go to the bathroom before the race. Every ounce counts.:lol:

BlackBolt9

Asphalt Donuts
Established Member
I pulled 1.9 60ft on bald F1's just air down to about 23psi or so, I was stock though so it probably won't solve your issues. Good luck it should be a really close race. I was running right with a 07' GT that only had a tune and intake. It will all be in the launch though... practice up! :thumbsup: :beer:

JohninMD

Established Member
I didn't think tired being bald had a negative impact on a race on dry pavement? Isn't the tread there for wet/slippery traction?

Slicks have no tread on them for that very reason. The more rubber on the road(on a dry pavement) the better your traction will be for launch.

Or am I just missing something?

FleeMan

Established Member
Premium Member
JohninMD said:
I didn't think tired being bald had a negative impact on a race on dry pavement? Isn't the tread there for wet/slippery traction?

Slicks have no tread on them for that very reason. The more rubber on the road(on a dry pavement) the better your traction will be for launch.

Or am I just missing something?

The tread is there for just to expel water. But the difference is the compund of the tire. When a street tire goes bald, the compound of the tire is hard. Which is no good for racing because you wont get any type of traction. Now a slick on the other hand is a soft compound.

03blklightning

INTERCEPTOR
Established Member
Just ease into it and then let it rip, if he has a standard you should take him no problem, expically if he is an inexperinced driver?? You got it, I put about 4 bus lengths on a stock GT, yes I know the GT he is racing is not stock, just a comparison.

Users who are viewing this thread