Whats the most you'd pay for a salvaged mach1?

bvysochin

Established Member
Hi guys,

I'm actually a sn95 guy.. thinking about getting into a mach1. Thing is.. the one I have my eye on needs some work.. and is salvaged.

Whats the most you'd pay for a salvaged 03 mach with 30k miles?

What colors are worth more than others? I know with sn95 cobras, atlantic blue, mystic, yellow are typically worth more than say red, teal, or white..

Please give me any input you have.. as I don't want to get upside down in this deal. It may make more sense for me just to buy a clean title one.

Thanks!

Boss_302

Established Member
I payed 5,500 for my mach 1. but i got it at a dealers auction. i had to put about 4-5g in mine to get it all fixed with me doing all of the work. it also depends on how much damage is done to the car. so some pictures would help also.

bvysochin

Established Member
ponygt65 said:
SOLVANG!!!! Cool. My best friend works there and lives in Santa Ynez...kicka$$.

No kidding?? I work in SY also. Is your buddy into mustangs? Wonder if I know him..

I've been following your posts over @ the MSX thread.. Sorry to hear.. Billy's a great/knowledgeable guy.. Somethin's not addin up..

Boss_302 said:
I payed 5,500 for my mach 1. but i got it at a dealers auction. i had to put about 4-5g in mine to get it all fixed with me doing all of the work. it also depends on how much damage is done to the car. so some pictures would help also.

That helps.. so about 9-10k is what you have in it.. Do you feel like you could squeeze 10k out of it if you were to sell? How much mileage?

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
bvysochin said:
No kidding?? I work in SY also. Is your buddy into mustangs? Wonder if I know him..

I've been following your posts over @ the MSX thread.. Sorry to hear.. Billy's a great/knowledgeable guy.. Somethin's not addin up..

That helps.. so about 9-10k is what you have in it.. Do you feel like you could squeeze 10k out of it if you were to sell? How much mileage?
Nope..he's not really into them. He works with someone that 'thinks' he knows about stangs....LOL Thanks for your concern.....maybe we can hook up for some fun runs when I have my car back and visit my friend. I try to visit him every month or two.

As for your inquiry.....If you are thinking of flipping it or selling it in the far future, jsut remember that salvage title stays with it, and most people are weary of salvaged titles. You most like won't make what money you put into it back.

BTW - is this an AB mach up in Turlock?....there is a guy selling one on the registry. It has a newer motor. Just needs body and paint.

Users who are viewing this thread