What's the most power you can squeeze out of a 99 Cobra?

DarkRattle

Established Member
FULL Bolt ons what are we looking @? Even the extras like under drive pulleys and coil packs and all that. Just wondering if it'll be enough for my tastes or should I go for an eaton swap, I guess if I'm even asking that question I know the answer already

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
You could get 320 rwhp with headers, full exhaust and tune. I think that 340-350 is possible with cams.

There is a commonly accepted power level description floating around. I can't find it right now but someone else might chime in with it.

apex svt

MEAN STREAK
Established Member
Skip the eaton. It’s so much easier to put a centrifugal on it. Procharger, vortech. And probabaly cheaper in the end if you’re buying used parts.

wheelhopper

Established Member
I've got a friend with a '98 Cobra that had a bunch of bolt-ons,
cams
long tube headers
etc.
he was around 360rwhp.

I'd go with a supercharger

DarkRattle

Established Member
Skip the eaton. It’s so much easier to put a centrifugal on it. Procharger, vortech. And probabaly cheaper in the end if you’re buying used parts.
but then how would I hear that "waaaaaaaaaaaaaahhh" sound and pretend I'm a terminator??? lol

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
It's honestly to me the best sound you can possibly hear on Earth!

I probably gave people PTSD with the Magnum powers on my Lightning, man that thing was LOUD with the 6lb lower. One dude on a bicycle went into a death wobble when I nailed it (wasnt trying to scare him, didnt even notice him on the side walk until it happened lol)

DarkRattle

Established Member
I probably gave people PTSD with the Magnum powers on my Lightning, man that thing was LOUD with the 6lb lower. One dude on a bicycle went into a death wobble when I nailed it (wasnt trying to scare him, didnt even notice him on the side walk until it happened lol)
haha that's classic! Funny thing is I was on my CBR1000RR once and a hellcat came FLYING past me and my ears shook so hard I almost fell @ 80 mph, they were ringing for a solid minute.

Mojo88

"Hammer" Time
Established Member
It's honestly to me the best sound you can possibly hear on Earth!

Hahah, I dunno about that. I think I'd much rather hear "honey, we just won the $200 million lottery!"

But yeah man, that PD blower whine is totally addictive. My problem is, I can't really hear it very much unless I get into the throttle, and then the tires blow off, or speed climbs too fast. Maybe I'll just take my TVS off - NOT! ;)

DarkRattle

Established Member
Hahah, I dunno about that. I think I'd much rather hear "honey, we just won the $200 million lottery!"

But yeah man, that PD blower whine is totally addictive. My problem is, I can't really hear it very much unless I get into the throttle, and then the tires blow off, or speed climbs too fast. Maybe I'll just take my TVS off - NOT! ;)
well if you won that 200 million lottery, 70 million after tax, you can buy a WHOLE LOT of TVS's, so STILL the best thing in the world.

FinnCobra

Established Member
4 valve should get more than mentioned in this topic. I recently tuned 2005 GT with 3-valve. Comp cams stage 1, LTH, professionally ported and dynoed 380 hp at crank. OP said that only bolt-ons though, but are the Cobra heads so bad from factory.
file.php

01yellercobra

Established Member
4 valve should get more than mentioned in this topic. I recently tuned 2005 GT with 3-valve. Comp cams stage 1, LTH, professionally ported and dynoed 380 hp at crank. OP said that only bolt-ons though, but are the Cobra heads so bad from factory.
file.php
Actually it's the intake that holds it back. A ported intake really helps.

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk

shurur

Established Member
NASVT Recipe fixed!!!
NA ~320 RWHP with 99-01 DOHC C-Head 4.6L:
K&N filter
OEM Cams
March damper
March hydroboost and WP pulleys
Long tubes
Hi Flow Cats/Cat Delete mid-pipe
Tune (canned..more $ for real tuner tune)

360-370 RWHP:
106100/106060 comp cams properly degreed.
short runner.
Tune

Not be contrary, but according to nasvt, a ported intake doesn't help much.

shurur

Established Member
file.php

The c head 4v and good from the factory and better than the 3v once you open of the exhaust valve diameters to match the intake valves.

The na hp list for the 3v and 4v are essentially the same.

DarkRattle

Established Member
The c head 4v and good from the factory and better than the 3v once you open of the exhaust valve diameters to match the intake valves.

always wondered why the 3v and 4v were essentially the same out of the factory...

shurur

Established Member
file.php

The variable cam timing on the 3v helps too.

I forgot completely about the VCT..yup.

shurur

Established Member
file.php

The variable cam timing on the 3v helps too.

I forgot completely about the VCT..yup.

Users who are viewing this thread