Whats the deal with silver SVE Drifts?

Too40gawlf

Banned
These things are not in stock for the 11-14 cars. Are they that popular? I dont see them that often.

Same thing with the AMR wheels - I dont even know if they make them in silver.

I hate the lemming like exodus to black/chacoal wheels. On some cars they look sweet on others they look like unmitigated ass.

Anyway, I hope silver SVE Drifts become available again soon, as that is the wheel Id like to eventualy upgrade to.

mfc133

Established Member
Yeah I guess because they don't sell as good as the charcoal ones. At first they only had the 19" silver SVE drifts for the 05-14 cars (I wanted to get a set of 18"s for winter wheels so this was a letdown for me). Now they don't have silver at all for 05-14s.

NinjaBum

Established Member
I'm not so sure I'd call it a "lemming exodus" I think a lot of it has to do with most oem wheels being silver. People want to make a drastic change to their ride.

Silver mesh wheels typically make something look more refined and classy, but they don't always scream aggressiveness. Depending on the color of the car I would choose them over black, while on a different color car I'd go for darker wheels.

A few people have silver drifts on their black cars and they look great.

Too40gawlf

Banned
I'm not so sure I'd call it a "lemming exodus" I think a lot of it has to do with most oem wheels being silver. People want to make a drastic change to their ride.

Silver mesh wheels typically make something look more refined and classy, but they don't always scream aggressiveness. Depending on the color of the car I would choose them over black, while on a different color car I'd go for darker wheels.

A few people have silver drifts on their black cars and they look great.

I dont know. Personally, I dont care what anyone wants to put on their car. But I cant believe for one second that a company would produce silver rims for SN95s and early S197s but not for 11-14's. That infuriates me. I cant believe there isnt a significant market for silver SVE Drifts and silver AMR rims.

Also, my car is black and I think the black paint/black wheel trend is gay.

greenscobie86

Established Member
I'm in total agreement with the O.P.

Would love to see the now "familiar" wheel options offered in silver.

svt5.4

SALLY NUTS RACING
Established Member
It was the opposite with the black drifts in November. No black but lots of silver and the silver were on the black Friday deal of 468.00 for 4 wheels.(19") I think they wait to reorder until they are completely gone. They just reordered black in January and just recently had the black on sale for 150 a wheel. (19")

FIVEHOE

Established Member
I have the silver machined AMR's and I love em. Also got tired of waiting for the SVE's to get back in stock, they seem to come and go pretty quickly.

photo15_zps97edd7c3.jpg

Yoichi

Established Member
I would give them a call to make sure. I got mine right when they disappeared from their site.

Booky

Who's Pick'n The Banjo Here?
Established Member
I just put a new set of 20" Hyper Silver Avant Garde wheels on my GT500 and love the way they look.:beer:

avantgarde038.jpg

newwheelsz.jpg

daustin

Established Member
Love mine :)

Justinsphone176_zpsa3f659f7.jpg

newshoes42-19_zps24b032ae.jpg

newshoes22-19_zpsd40c6bf2.jpg

newshoes52-19_zps1e68f07e.jpg

March13107_zps00169b08.jpg

vy3u6emy.jpg

photo3_zpsd6f6504a.jpg

I think seeing your car has solidified my decision to get the GT500 spoiler as well...:thumbsup: Your pics showed me exactly what it would look like on my car...

We've got the same taste! Your car looks awesome.

I like your spoiler and may do that soon as well.

GCZ

Established Member
Wow Red Turtle's car looks awesome with the silvers!

Off topic, but Zodiac could you post or PM me a picture of what looks like black louvers on your GHIG? Thinking about doing that myself.

Users who are viewing this thread