Whats The Deal With JDM!!!??

COBRyan

Puts Out For Mod Money
I have emailed them 4 times now regarding my stalling problem with my Superchip and guess what??!! Not one response!! Terry at SFPHQ has even tried contacting them for me and he couldnt get a reply. I am very disappointed with their customer service,,,,,not to mention their great product :rollseyes :bash: . I cant wait for my refund so I can try that Icky-Ray guy at Azon-Amon Ing-Race ;-) :p

derryck

Established Member
Yes... they have poor customer service. I bought my pulley kit and belt from them and paid extra for 2 Day shipping and they said it would go out on Monday and I would have it on Wed. Wednesday comes and no package... I call them and he said oops... it wen't out ground it will be there on Friday. He did refund me the difference in shipping but Friday came and still no package. He only put down part of the address so Fed Ex delivered it to the wrong place. I had to Fed Ex my self to finally get the package a week late. I have been very happy with the pulley kit and pulley but won't buy from them again because of their customer service.

B

blown03cobra

Originally posted by StlBlack03
I'm not a big JDM fan either...Try icky-ray or JL

DITTO... he will be getting my bussiness in the next coming weeks...

OverToad

Established Member
They won't delete the thread (yet). I do believe the last one stayed up at least a week before it got yanked.
I personally haven't dealt with JDM. They are one of the companies that pays for the bills on this board, to which I'm thankful for.
However, with that being said, I find it simply amazing that they would allow themselves to continue to screw their customer service up. You know Rick at Mazon-A Acing-Ray is miling-say ll-a o-ta he-ta ank-ba ;-)
Funny how good customer service and legit products make that happen.......

SVTyballz

Established Member
I do have to say this about JDM. I ordered my Billet Flow (great blowout price) from them on a Tues. Paid 5 dollars extra to guarantee Friday delivery and it arrived as promised. No problems whatsoever.

gary

03ShadowCobra

To the Hindenpeter!!!
Established Member
I have nothing bad to say either. I ordered parts from him in the past for my Lightning and everything worked out fine. Shipped on time and grade A products.

f4sfed

Established Member
Originally posted by SVTyballz
I do have to say this about JDM. I ordered my Billet Flow (great blowout price) from them on a Tues. Paid 5 dollars extra to guarantee Friday delivery and it arrived as promised. No problems whatsoever.

gary

How do you like it?!?! What color did you get?

Also? ...I'm not impressed. They shipped you a box, that was shipped to them. UPS has now handled your throttle body more than JDM has.

:shrug: Sorry, I'm just completely unimpressed. In addition they continue to disappoint. However, I happen to know how to fix that. ;-)

SweetSVT99

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Originally posted by OverToad
They won't delete the thread (yet). I do believe the last one stayed up at least a week before it got yanked.
I personally haven't dealt with JDM. They are one of the companies that pays for the bills on this board, to which I'm thankful for.
However, with that being said, I find it simply amazing that they would allow themselves to continue to screw their customer service up. You know Rick at Mazon-A Acing-Ray is miling-say ll-a o-ta he-ta ank-ba ;-)
Funny how good customer service and legit products make that happen.......

The last one was never removed.

OverToad

Established Member
I don't think that was it, but it coulda been.
It appears I was mistaken anyway, so who knows :bash:

I would say kudos to the admins leaving the posts up. It would get ugly if they removed them, but they chose to leave'em.

As long as you can sift through it all to determine the bad from the good, all information is a positive......

StangD281

Established Member
As a suggestion, why not take this type of issue to a PM, an email, or a phone call to JDM, as opposed to a public discussion.

I agree that issues need to be addressed, but this is not the way to do it on a site that is sponsored by the group in question.

Just my thoughts as a moderator, and a JDM supporter/customer.

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
as long as these stay 'civil' i will help to keep them up for you guys IMO, problems need to be brought to attention of individuals, but please no flaming that is what Smackdown (minsu vendor flaming)is for. I'm sure Jim will address this issue either here or in his own section..........................just keep it civil guys and these posts WILL stay around.

Last edited:

OverToad

Established Member
It's the old saying you learn in business...."Treat a customer right and they'll tell one person. Treat a customer badly and they'll tell ten."
I think there have been several JDM issues all cropping up at once, and when that happens, all the bad things come out into the open.
In the eyes of the posters, this Cobra forum is here to discuss all things good and bad. I'm sure from the sponsors, it's here to also help draw sales. I would expect the moderators to want to keep the sponsor bashing to a minimum, while I would also expect overreactions from the posters when it comes to negativity.

I actually believe that if there are many complaints about a company in a short amount of time, that it's a benefit to the company. They realize that there are problems that need to be addressed, and in so doing, it ears the respect of the customers.

Don't get me wrong here. I'm not bashing JDM. I'm not a customer, so I don't have anything which needs attention. But I've owned business's, and it's easy to blow off a customer or two when you have hundreds. Once I got called out in public to take the heat of a sales manager who blew off a customer, and though it was embarassing in the short term, it was extremely beneficial in the long term.
I hope the same for JDM. Sorta like "Tough Love" ;-)

SVTyballz

Established Member
Originally posted by f4sfed
How do you like it?!?! What color did you get?

Also? ...I'm not impressed. They shipped you a box, that was shipped to them. UPS has now handled your throttle body more than JDM has.

:shrug: Sorry, I'm just completely unimpressed. In addition they continue to disappoint. However, I happen to know how to fix that. ;-)

I like it. solved the occasional rough idle. I got the clear polished. Didn't have a choice at that price. didn't think 200.00 more (retail at the time) was worth the color. Of course I would have loved to have blue but it looks good and performs well.

I don't expect anyone to take my post as a "there's nothing wrong with JDM post". One thing i have learned over the years is that you really don't experience good customer service until something has gone wrong and need to be corrected. That gives a company a chance to show off it's "good customer service". Until then, you really don't know.

gary

f4sfed

Established Member
Originally posted by SVTyballz
I like it. solved the occasional rough idle. I got the clear polished. Didn't have a choice at that price. didn't think 200.00 more (retail at the time) was worth the color. Of course I would have loved to have blue but it looks good and performs well.

I don't expect anyone to take my post as a "there's nothing wrong with JDM post". One thing i have learned over the years is that you really don't experience good customer service until something has gone wrong and need to be corrected. That gives a company a chance to show off it's "good customer service". Until then, you really don't know.

gary

Cool! I'm REALLY lookin' forward to gettin' mine!

SweetSVT99

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Originally posted by OverToad
I don't think that was it, but it coulda been.
It appears I was mistaken anyway, so who knows :bash:

I would say kudos to the admins leaving the posts up. It would get ugly if they removed them, but they chose to leave'em.

As long as you can sift through it all to determine the bad from the good, all information is a positive......

LOL, I catch grief either way...:cryying: :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread