whats the deal on BFG's

BOOMER23

Established Member
Can any of you guys explain whats up with me seeing pics of the BFG DR 315 that had the middle of the tire with no tread on it, yet now when I research the tire I see a different tread pattern on all the websites that sell them.....personally I like the ones with the non treaded middle area and Id like to know if they discontinued those damn things or is it one of those deals where every site just shows the "new" design or something. I may be behind on this but I just dont know because I havent been in the market for DRs until now when I get her pullied really soon.

Luke@DTD

Established Member
The 315/35R-17 is only built in the "traditional tread"
The new tread design is very different than the traditional tread.

Here are the links to BFG's website with each of the tread designs and the sizes that are built in each one.

http://www.bfgoodrichtires.com/bfgapp/catalog/tires/gforcetadragradial.jsp
http://www.bfgoodrichtires.com/bfgapp/catalog/tires/gforcetadragradial2.jsp

Let me know if this answers your question. :thumbsup:

Luke
Discount Tire Direct
888-459-4080 ext 410

BOOMER23 said:
Can any of you guys explain whats up with me seeing pics of the BFG DR 315 that had the middle of the tire with no tread on it, yet now when I research the tire I see a different tread pattern on all the websites that sell them.....personally I like the ones with the non treaded middle area and Id like to know if they discontinued those damn things or is it one of those deals where every site just shows the "new" design or something. I may be behind on this but I just dont know because I havent been in the market for DRs until now when I get her pullied really soon.

BOOMER23

Established Member
bingo you nailed it for me man.....i appreciate it cause i have been wondering for a while because i am a lot more partial to the desing that has the treadless middle section

Jens03SVT

Established Member
I ordered a set of 315/35/17's and received the old style and called back and andrew told me they dont have the new style yet??

Users who are viewing this thread