What's the chances? (I know slim to none)

93LITE

Established Member
I'm needing garage space to restore my 71 Mach 1. And I just had a thought, that I might like to trade all my SVT's for one nice 2000 Cobra R under 10xxx mi. I know there probably won't be any takers but this would be a lot easier than trying to sell each one seperately. Here's the quick on what I have:

1996 Mystic Cobra, 22xxx mi., tasteful mods, have all stock parts
1998.5 Silver Contour SVT, 48xxx mi., tasteful mods, have all stock parts
2001 Red Lightning, 59xxx mi., intake and exhaust only, new tires, stock parts
These vehicles are all very very nice and adult owned, not abused
1993 Black Lightning, 103xxx mi., good but needs TLC, was my daily for a few years.

Value should be close, what do you think, it's just and idea!!

PS: Please don't rip me to bad!

Thanks, George

cobra186

Stang Trader
Established Member
Its going to be hard to get someone to trade you a '00R for a bunch of vehicles unless the vehicles surpassed the '00R value by quite a bit. The owner of the '00R could easily sell his one car for mid 40's vs. trying to sell 4 vehilces and hope they bring what his one easy seller would have. Plus the logistics of a multi car trade is a nightmare unless you are in the same town.

No offense but, IMHO the value of the vehicles you listed would only be worth mid-upper 30's in the current market.

93LITE

Established Member
Thanks guys, I new it would be a long shot but I thought I'd try. I had figured that the values would be closer, and that someone might want and SVT fleet. I see your point on selling and getting the value back on mutiples though. I know the markets are very soft right now, oh I mean always soft if I try to sell something. I think my motto has always been buy high and sell low!! That's why I have so many vehicles, I just keep them.

Silver2003Cobra

US Navy (retired)
Established Member
I'm needing garage space to restore my 71 Mach 1. And I just had a thought, that I might like to trade all my SVT's for one nice 2000 Cobra R under 10xxx mi. I know there probably won't be any takers but this would be a lot easier than trying to sell each one seperately. Here's the quick on what I have:

1996 Mystic Cobra, 22xxx mi., tasteful mods, have all stock parts
1998.5 Silver Contour SVT, 48xxx mi., tasteful mods, have all stock parts
2001 Red Lightning, 59xxx mi., intake and exhaust only, new tires, stock parts
These vehicles are all very very nice and adult owned, not abused
1993 Black Lightning, 103xxx mi., good but needs TLC, was my daily for a few years.

Value should be close, what do you think, it's just and idea!!

PS: Please don't rip me to bad!

Thanks, George

NADA
93 Lightning 6200
96 Cobra 11,200
98 Contour 5325
01 Lightning 18350

for a total of 41,075

now a 00 Cobra R is worth in average condition 46,500

so.. you'd probably have to pony up a few dollars to get a 00 Cobra R, but you never know...

Cobra R Man

IMSA RACE CAR
Established Member
Well, anyone in there right mind that owned an '00R, wouldn't be looking to trade at all, let alone for other average SVT's. Now if the trade was say a '95R and some $$$$, maybe it would be somewhat attractive.

That's my usual $.02

93LITE

Established Member
Well guys, like I said, all I wanted to do was get more garage space and the idea was a quick way to do that. I follow prices pretty close and I had the Lightnings a little lower than the NADA, because of the gas prices now. But, I had the Mystic and Contour much higher because of the mileage and condition, also, I do see the Mystic being a keeper in the long run. I really don't need a high priced track car anyway, I have a low priced one that is a lot of fun and capable. I know that not to many other average SVT owners frequent this forum so I think we're safe with that one:beer:.

Users who are viewing this thread