Whats the best way to launch an L from a dig???

fuzzydice

White Hot Lightning
Established Member
ive heard differnet ways here and there like slowly roll into it, or power brake it etc but i cant ever get it right
yesterday i just put on brand new nitto 555's not the drag radials
Tonight just to see what the difference was, I launched it from a stop, just put the throttle down 25-30% and i spun quite a bit
before i had the nittos, there were almost bald hankooks and the difference is almost night and day in the feel of the ride
i just need to find out whats the best way to launch these things from a dead stop so im not scared to go from a dig like i always am
I HATE RACING FROM A DIG BECAUSE I ALMOST ALWAYS LOSE DUE TO NO TRACTION

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
It's very hard to launch on the street with regular street tires. There's a lot of torque, and it's instant, so it's a delicate process. The more you mod and the more power you make, the harder it becomes. Traction bars and drag radials will help infinitely. Heating up the tires, slightly stalling up, and rolling into it just right will get a good launch. I could launch my truck like a mofo on the street with a good burnout.

Spunkie202

Established Member
practice ....just practice at lights randomly trying to get as fast as possible with NO spin thats what helped me and i seem to know where the breaking point is on the tires now

Kryo-Genik

My meat is hand rubbed
Established Member
practice and time.
myself i stall it to about 1200rpms then when the light goes green i hit the pedal about half way down then just roll into a full 100% WOT run. when a son the street i normally just go off idle...i guess it helps to know where you are at first.

MMShaggy

10 Second Club
Established Member
Go on a back road, and try try and try again all sorts of different scenarios.

Each truck is different depending on mods.

Especially, Tires, T-bars, TQ converter.....

Some swear by just slamming the gas pedal down.
Others say stall it up till she wants to move, then just barely let off the gas, and then when its time mash the pedal.

Others believe in rolling out softly and then mashing.

Really depends on street vs strip.
Slicks vs DR vs stock tires....

RMoore92

Established Member
Go on a back road, and try try and try again all sorts of different scenarios.

Each truck is different depending on mods.

Especially, Tires, T-bars, TQ converter.....

Some swear by just slamming the gas pedal down.
Others say stall it up till she wants to move, then just barely let off the gas, and then when its time mash the pedal.

Others believe in rolling out softly and then mashing.

Really depends on street vs strip.
Slicks vs DR vs stock tires....

Good points here. Question to you Shaggy. I know you had KB truck before you vented your block. But did you run the stock TQ Converter or something else? How did you launch with both if you ran with both? I'd imagine you had slicks on too.

Users who are viewing this thread