Whats the best TWIN TURBO kit for a 96-98??

BNblownsaleen

Established Member
Who makes them and how much is it?? Looking for atleast twin 57's. I wanted a hellion kit but I dont see anything TT on there site I will give them a call later tomorrow.Thanks!!:beer:

Whizzle

Established Member
Support a local speed shop and get a kit custom made. That way you will be happy with everything from the start

shhak

Established Member
I think Hellion just came out with a twin kit. Not sure if it's for your year or not though. I know HP makes a kit for your car. That is what is on my 03. I bought the car with the kit on it, so I cant say anything about how they are to install. I can, however, tell you that the kit seems to fit very well. It's a little tight in some places, but from what I can tell, it fits very good. Also, not sure how much power you're looking to make, but mine makes about 675rwph with only 15psi and a little over 800 at 22psi on C16.

LowNSlowNeon

Established Member
Go with the 62MM single hellion kit.. you'll make plenty of power.... if you want more... get the larger turbo.

one large single > 2 small ones

BNblownsaleen

Established Member
Go with the 62MM single hellion kit.. you'll make plenty of power.... if you want more... get the larger turbo.

one large single > 2 small ones

:lol:One day I plan on having two turbos the size of Hellions big single turbo kit. I think I am going to wait on hellions new tt kit and, one day upgrade to twin 76's:banana:. Twin 76's > one large single

shhak

Established Member
:lol:One day I plan on having two turbos the size of Hellions big single turbo kit. I think I am going to wait on hellions new tt kit and, one day upgrade to twin 76's:banana:. Twin 76's > one large single

If you're gonna run twin 76's, you'd better have a bottom end that'll hold to 10,000RPM, cause it's gonna take that long to get em spooled up.

Twin 57's FTMFW!!!

shawnsvtcobra

Established Member
Hpp racing makes a twin kit for the 03/0o4 cobras, but i seen it installed on a 97 cobra nice kit, also turbohorsepower.com makes a nice kit. also.

RippinSVT

SVT Afficianado...
Established Member
Hpp racing makes a twin kit for the 03/0o4 cobras, but i seen it installed on a 97 cobra nice kit, also turbohorsepower.com makes a nice kit. also.

HPP (not HP, different company) has an awesome kit that has the turbos up higher, which is better for oil flow.

SVT Lurch

Good times
Established Member

Turbo98

FR500TT
Established Member
Twin kits:
HP Turbo-www.turbochargedpower.com
HPP-www.hppmotorsports.com
THP-www.turbohorsepower.com
Horsepower House-www.horsepower-house.com

fourvalvegt

Established Member
Go with either the HPP Kit or a custom kit. I have dealt with pretty much every kit out there and thats why we started building our own turbo kits. HPP is the only twin turbo kit i would run off of the shelf

DoomsDay

Slayer of Gods...
Established Member
Less bearings? Yeah, less WG's to worry about leaking, less BOV's, less piping, less turbos to get full of oil depending on the mounting location.

Either way they are both gonna move.

But I feel a big single is where it's at as well (I'm about to have my Single GT42/76 setup running within the week). Pluss I can mount up to atleast a GT47 there.

Single kit's are usually MUCH easier to work on and less labor intensive

Users who are viewing this thread