• the $40 eBay specail

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • I like my stock shifter because i drive like a girl

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Dasaliac03

TWINscrewed
Established Member
Looking at buying another short throw for my '01. Currently have the steeda tri-ax, i like it but im sure theres better out there. My 2nd - 3rd shift isnt as smooth as it needs to be.

In my '93 i had the Pro 5.0.......loved it!
In my Bullitt i had the steeda tri-ax, which i removed and installed a MGW orangle handle'd shifter.......it was great while cruising, but under WOT it didnt like to shift.

When i bought the '01 i have now it came with the factory shifter, i put a FREE ebay shifter that the kid gave me when i bought a few other things, and then i put the Steeda i had laying in the garage from my old stang.

ALL OPINIONS are welcome!

Dasaliac03

TWINscrewed
Established Member
Steeda Tri-Ax for the win!!! :banana:

Of course you would say that!

My tri-ax has been on 2 different cars and been through TONS of hard, slamming shifts. But the way my car is sent up now its just dont want to go into 3rd when ahuling a$$

chvybeatsford

Established Member
Got a steda here also (sometimes 3is a pita).. but had pro 5.0 on all my coupes and loved them..till I used my brothers mgw(blue). Don't think ill put a pro 5.0 again. So I say mgw or steeda.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

KLeech

2V FTW
Established Member
I've used a pro 5.0 and a steeda on friends cars and they don't compare anything to the feel of my MGW. I will never eve buy another short shifter unless its an MGW. It's such a short crisp throw, everyrhing feels so tight in your hand. It has the shortest throw of any of the aftermarket shifters, and the fact that MGW doesn't sell there product everywhere or adverise everywhere shows you they have a top notch product. It's an extremely well built piece, mine has been through I couldn't even tell you how many extremely hard shifts and is as good as it was new. I debated along time before I picked this one with the same question in mind and I don't regret my choice at all! You'll love the MGW if you go that route.

froush

Established Member
I like the notchy feeling of my pro5.0. I drove my buddies with an mgw and it was pretty nice too. Really anything is gonna be better than stock.

T's03GT

#Team5bro
Established Member
I've heard alot of good things about the MGW and Pro 5.0. I am in the same boat, this is my next mod but I don't know what to get.

Stock shifter is meh, mine never wants to go into 3rd but it could be my trans going bad. I still shift pretty fast with that mile long throw though! :lol:

Shreddingrubber

Established Member
I have a tri-ax on my t-45. I bought a mgw to go in the t-3650 that came with the 4v I'm installing. I liked the tri-ax,never had a problem going in to 3rd when hard on er.
I don't think you can go wrong with an mgw though. And if you've already had a tri-ax and didn't like it it's probably not going to improve any time soon

Users who are viewing this thread