whats really the diff between 2.76 pulley and a 2.8 size pulley

LBSVT93

Established Member
Just wondering if you see anymore boost really with the 2.76 vs the 2.80

MustangThief

Established Member
Pretty much no difference.... you're talking about .04...

Speaking of 2.8 pulley....

Anyone hear anything bad about UPR pulleys?

My local tuner deals with UPR quite a bit, and says he's had a lot of good experience putting a UPR idler on with a 2.8 UPR upper pulley and seeing great results.

I know there's so many die hard billetflow fans on here it's gonna be a flamefest... but i'm just wondering.

I like the stock look of the UPR and since he has them in stock already, for a good price, I'm considering giving it a shot.

(It's a pain because I have to pay in cash... I'm at a *NO* debit/credit card point in my life...) so him ordering the parts is a must....

/hijackthreadoff

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
the benefit of a 2.76 over a 2.80 is that the 2.76 is a quality part that's proudly MADE IN THE USA by BILLETFLOW

UPR stuff is junk.......go look behind their trailer at a race or car show and you'll see all the boxes from their Chinese manufacturers :nonono:

BTW, BF takes Paypal so that might work for ya

Fuerza

Established Member
I'm switching over to a Billetflow 2.76 pulley I have a no name 2.8 on the blower right now. It served me well, the only reason I'm switching to a Billetflow 2.76 is because the chicks dig Billetflow bling. :coolman:

cobra9903

Born11/22/02 No.3935/8394
Established Member
All I know is I'm running a 2.76 and a UPR idler pulley and I was running around 14 pounds of boost and then I put a JLT CAI and I pull 15 pounds of boost. I have had no problems with the UPR yet but one thing I notice is the belt or pulley is getting a little louder up front. Not sure if its just the belt or pulley so I'll be putting a billetflow pulley on very soon just to be safe. If theres not a big difference between the 2.76 and the 2.80 just get your money worth and go 2.76 and know your getting all the boost you can. Also with the idler pulley and 2.76 I'm getting no belt slip. I did bad without the idler so make sure you get one!

Users who are viewing this thread