Whats on your work desk?

PureStang

Established Member
I recently got a job (graduated in December), and while sitting at my desk today, I realized my desk is extremely empty. It is a 6'x6' corner type desk. All I have are:
  • Laptop and External Monitor
  • File holders
  • Paper Bins (for inbox/outbox type usage)
  • Pen/Pencil holder
  • Telephone and iPhone Dock

All of this is located on the left to middle of my desk, the 4 feet to my right is completely bare. Mind you, i like to keep my desk clean and organize, but my desk now is the equivalent of a person with an eating disorder...

So what do you all have on your desks at work?

Krwy

Established Member
I have my computer, phone, Edelbrock catalog, Russell catalog, carb owners manual, yellow notepad, section of Edelbrock SBF E-Street cylinder head, Victor 4.6 fuel rail, 650cfm Thunder Series carb, ProFlo 2 EFI harness and CalMod, assortment of other catalogs.

All the Edelbrock stuff because I'm an Edelbrock employee :D

Planter

Banned
a photoshopped picture of a big boot protruding from my bosses ass. its one of those digital picture frames, that with the flip of a button you can change the picture. it's my motivation to finish a job, when I'm feeling like a slacker and don't want to be at work.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
1) Crappy Mac PowerPC circa early/mid 00's running fisher price OS because our company lacks any realistic IT department (and hiring any real IT person will mean the owners hearing what they dont want to hear, and that being their precious mac's are absolute garbage). Getting a real PC and Win7 soon enough, the software were trying to implement that will help tremendously from quoting to shipping doesnt run on FisherPriceOSX, go figure. Sad part, is I still have one of the faster mac's in the office.
2) LCD Monitor
3) Bunch of pricing guides and binders ive put together to streamline bidding
4) couple bids waiting approval ($100k+ jobs)
5) Some other shit needing investigation/research into
6) Material samples (veneer, butcherblock, HPL/Laminate, etc)
7) Folder rack with a few important bids/items needing cross referencing.

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
Tachometer, speedometer, fuel level guage, oil pressure gauge, coolant temperature gauge, AM/FM radio (no damn tape player), heater/ac stuffs.

NC85

Lurker for Life
Established Member
Computer, office phone that I never use, couple Pandrol clips, piece of rail, maybe a spike or two, and a calender.

GT500 Hot Wheels is the important item that I'm often times seen playing with doing rolling burnouts on the desk:)

PureStang

Established Member
1) Crappy Mac PowerPC circa early/mid 00's running fisher price OS because our company lacks any realistic IT department (and hiring any real IT person will mean the owners hearing what they dont want to hear, and that being their precious mac's are absolute garbage). Getting a real PC and Win7 soon enough, the software were trying to implement that will help tremendously from quoting to shipping doesnt run on FisherPriceOSX, go figure. Sad part, is I still have one of the faster mac's in the office.
2) LCD Monitor
3) Bunch of pricing guides and binders ive put together to streamline bidding
4) couple bids waiting approval ($100k+ jobs)
5) Some other shit needing investigation/research into
6) Material samples (veneer, butcherblock, HPL/Laminate, etc)
7) Folder rack with a few important bids/items needing cross referencing.

I hear ya on the outdated software and such. Luckily I have a brand new computer with windows 7, but our order processing program seriously looks like it was built for MSDOS. Cant even use the mouse. AND if someone is making an inquiry, it slows the entire system down. Our IT department is all of 3 guys.

AZSnake98

NVWSSV
Established Member
I recently got a job (graduated in December), and while sitting at my desk today, I realized my desk is extremely empty. It is a 6'x6' corner type desk. All I have are:
  • Laptop and External Monitor
  • File holders
  • Paper Bins (for inbox/outbox type usage)
  • Pen/Pencil holder
  • Telephone and iPhone Dock

All of this is located on the left to middle of my desk, the 4 feet to my right is completely bare. Mind you, i like to keep my desk clean and organize, but my desk now is the equivalent of a person with an eating disorder...

So what do you all have on your desks at work?

Get off SVTP and get to work and it will fill up.

:bash:

oldmodman

Established Member
Curve tracer.
B&K distortion analyzer.
HP scope.
B&K capacitor tester.
Two phones.
Lots of really tiny screwdrivers and a set of even tinier securitorx bits.
8 spools of shrink wrap tubing.
Really nice nude picture of Pamela Anderson before she had any work done. she was 18.
Model of Cobra Engine.
Lots of invoices that need to be filed.

JasonSnake

Established Member
My main PC is a Dell GX780 with four Dell 17" Monitors hooked up to it. The rest are inventory PC's and laptops needing to get "re-imaged" for the next users. So, I have roughly 10 machines sitting on my desk now.

NEp8ntballer

Established Member
three phones
two keyboards
two mice
five monitors
cup o writing utencils
ID card reader
two KVMs
one white board
two binders
one legal pad
one small notebook

Rotating items: hat
sunglasses
energy drink
gatorade
restaurant soda cup
gatorade bottle
mountain dew.

silver03svt

Official Snowflake Melting Machine
Established Member
Tachometer, speedometer, fuel level guage, oil pressure gauge, coolant temperature gauge, AM/FM radio (no damn tape player), heater/ac stuffs.

This ^ Plus CD player, radar unit, flashing blue LED units, radar remote, portble laptop docking station, flashlight and recharging station, 2 radios, 2 light/siren control units, and a seatbelt.

Jack Burton

Established Member
Laptop, monitor, calculator, portable scanner, and a crappy IRS notice that I don't feel like working on :(

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
I hear ya on the outdated software and such. Luckily I have a brand new computer with windows 7, but our order processing program seriously looks like it was built for MSDOS. Cant even use the mouse. AND if someone is making an inquiry, it slows the entire system down. Our IT department is all of 3 guys.

the software i use is Primavera P3 which i believe was used in the early 90's late 80's....and our IT department is 1 guy who is a little chubby and talks weird...

other things on my desk:
laptop
pencil/pen holder
upcoming bid schedule list
in/out organizer
stapler(broken)
cell phone
regular phone(does not work either:bored:)
bulletin board with lots of outdated crap
file cabinet with nothing in it
current time impact analysis of the project im working on....

so im basically in a crappy office with white walls doing this most of the time:sleeping:

N2DAMYSTIC

WAS THERE A BILL OF SALE
Established Member
In my case it is a Coffee Table. As I type it has 2 remotes for the TV, Cell phone, Coffee, Cycle Gear catalog and a childs book titled Good Morning, Good Night.

Enjoy your Drive to work!

James Snover

The Ill-Advised Physics Amplification Co
Established Member
Premium Member
A bunch of neodymium magnets and an x-ray tube. and a stack of astronomy and rc magazines.

Users who are viewing this thread