WHAT'S next????????????

drepka

Established Member
01 with 50k miles....

4.10s, bassani cat back,steeda tri ax (fixing to switch out to MGW tomorrow),installing JLT CAI tomorow also,

Opinions on what to do next?:read:

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
If its still a 4x4 I would get springs.

drepka

Established Member
I would like to say f/i but realistically that will prolly be a year or two down the road...

drepka

Established Member
i see you are in San Marcos...ever go out to SAR? I like the way your car looks from the rear...what size shoes are those?

Mystic-SVT

snuggle fest, mmmmm!
Established Member
i see you are in San Marcos...ever go out to SAR? I like the way your car looks from the rear...what size shoes are those?

Haven't been to SAR in almost a year, I'll prob be going down to it this fall. Rear tires on my car are 315/35/17...as for your next mod I would install some lowering springs if the car is still stock ride height.

drepka

Established Member
Sorry i do have a sct tuner #3015....however it doesnt seem to give me anymore power...i forgot to mention that the older guy (68) said he had "cams" put in the car shortly after he bought it brand new....and i do know the pcm was reflashed as there is a "ford authorized modification" sticker under the hood..He said this was done at the ford dealer....it has a dealer number on the sticker but i have hit nothing but dead ends trying to find out what was EXACTLY done to the car....it obviously looks stock from the outside.....the old man cant tell me any specifics ont he "cams" he said where put in there,,its killing me not knowing..so i have just kinda given up on that...i do know the pcm was flashed because the numbers that are on the ford authorized mod sticker come back to a different pcm or pcm reflash...so im just assuming the internals are stock....my injectors on the other hand are confusing me..they are dark green/brownish color???? anyone know what these are? the 24s? anyway sorry i didnt mention the sct i forgot it was in the garage...i think im gonna take it to the track and see how it runs diff installed and uninstalled...i didnt notice any difference on the seat of the pants dyno.. any suggestions? I guess im gonna get me some lowering springs.

Bouttime09

Oh, it's not 5.0?
Established Member
Sorry, I dont have any input, but on another note. How do you like the tri ax? Mine seems "tight" alsmot difficult to know which gear or even if its in gear. Is this typical of tri ax? I loved the MGW in my Cobra, but now I am wondering if it is worth it replacing this tri ax in my Mach.

Last edited:

drepka

Established Member
I dont really like it( not smooth at all to me)....it just came in the car when i bought...picking up an MGW with orange handle tomorrow...from all i have read its supposed to be much nicer and smoother, etc.

Side note.....injectors are 24lb ev6...glad i know that now.....those damn colors can be confusing.

notchstang92

Spoolin'
Established Member
I'd do some subframe connectors then get rid of the 4x4 look.

Good job of ditching the triax. What a horrible shifter. Can't find 3rd gear like the Pro 5.0 can and its so notchy.

2001cobravert

Established Member
I just replaced my tri-ax with an mgw a couple weeks ago. The mgw in my opinion is much better.

I'd do lowering springs or a mid-pipe (preferably mac prochamber). :beer:

COBRA90GT

The Joe is rockin'
Established Member
Wonder what kind of cams the old guy/previous owner installed in the engine (if any)?

The FR500 "high lift" cam kit was somewhat popular almost a decade ago; maybe he went with that kit from Ford Racing and had the dealer install it...(?)

Guess your next choice for mod(s) all depend on what you want out of the car. Have you already done any "driver mods" at all btw?

FWIW, never had an issue with my Tri-Ax. YMMV

GokartMozart315

Established Member
if you want more power, go for the bassani x-pipe, have it on my car and it's great. i think you should get some suspension to match that power though, like subframes and springs, and maybe get a proper tune put on that sct so you can get more power out of it

drepka

Established Member
Educate me on the "driver mods"?????

And i honestly think this car is already lowered just looking at it....damn i dont think id want it any lower....ill post some pics up this evening when i get home from work..

Anyone know of a GOOD reputable shop in or around the Austin,San Antonio area that does the SCT deal, i would really like to get some number before i go buck wild on this thing.?

as far as the mid pipe , i have been talkin to a guy about a UPR O/r x pipe he has...$45 bucks...said it got some small dents but mothing major...is that one worth pickin up?

tvanlant

Established Member
Start buying parts for the eaton swap. Easy to do, your car will be fast, and it will drive like it's bone stock.

wma8706

Established Member
If you can shell out a $$... get the boost, If not then a subframe C is a must along with sticky tires.

Users who are viewing this thread