Whats next?Need more power

wormsvho

Established Member
Ok I have an 04 L that I would likt to spend some money on but I am not sure what to do next.Current setup:

4# lower
Magnaflow catback
FTVB
Billet idler setup
Amazon mail order Predator tune
I ran at the track in 70* weather on Nitto 555R's with a 1.87 60' and went 12.91 I would really like to shave 3-4 tenths and only have around a 1200 dollar budget.I am thinking about a stall convertor but not sure on how high the stall should be.I only use the truck as a weekend driver never and heavy hauling or towing.Any advice would be great I just want to spend my money wisely.

mcarbine

2003 L #2504
Established Member
ported blower, 6# lower, MAF extender, new tune, traction bars, DS loop, and if there is any cash left over get some slicks and rims. Start scavenging the classifieds you will save some money and get more bang for the buck. 80% of the mods I have came from the classifieds

Dave Crews

Silver L
Established Member
A lot of how much you are going to be able to do for $1,200 depends on how much of the work you can do yourself...The torque converter will gain you some time, but you are going to need the Tbars and loop to take advantage of it...The ported blower will definitely help, but it isn't inexpensive to have done...The 6# lower and upgraded MAF is going to mean a new tune, but if you are using email tuning with someone that has a lifetime agreement with, seems to me to be the thing that will fit in your budget at this time...You might even be able to fit the ported blower in if you find a good deal on the MAF on the classifieds.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
My favorite mod, by far, at that point was a torque converter. It helps out a LOT. Go for a 2400-2600 stall (mine was 2600). I picked up an easy 3 tenths.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
My favorite mod, by far, at that point was a torque converter. It helps out a LOT. Go for a 2400-2600 stall (mine was 2600). I picked up an easy 3 tenths.

What kinda of ETs were you already running when you swapped converters to drop .3?

wormsvho

Established Member
Well I forgot to mention that the truck already has Lakewood traction bars and a driveshaft loop installed.I would also like to know more on the stall converters and how much they helped the ET with other trucks.

Users who are viewing this thread