What's my cobra worth

arbs

Established Member
Hi everyone. I was just wondering how much you guys thought my car was worth as it sat right now. I looked at the forum and this seemed like the right place to post so sorry if this isn't in the proper place. Anyway, I was just wondering how much I'd be able to get if I did want to sell my termi. It's a Redfire 04 cobra and I just hit the 40k mark. As you guys know it's hard to keep these cars stock so of course it's modded. Nothing heavy though. All that I've done is

K&N intake (Have stock intake and filter still)
Bassani catback
35% 3M tint
MM full length subframe connectors
MM CC plates
H&R sport springs
Billetflow diff brace
03 cobra AFS replicas 17x9 front and 17x10.5 rear (Machined with black inserts)(I haven't seen any other cobra with them)

Other than those the car is stock. The reason I'm even considering selling it is because I'm getting into something where I need to haul people. Maybe not all the time but hauling people in the cobra is a bit difficult. I've had the car for a little over two years and I only put 16k miles on it. I've gone to a couple car meets but I don't use the car for it's intended purpose. I don't race, I don't drag, I just have a nice garage queen. I'm sure my car wants to play with her brothers and sisters at the strip or at the track. And I'm sure someone would love to have a lightly modded car like mine. There's so many cobras out there with so many mods. I'm sure mine is still worth a decent amount of money. I only have space for one car and it's hard to even think about selling the cobra. But I mean, things happen.

So what do you guys think? I can't wait for your input, curious to know. Thank you guys in advance.

Edit: I don't know if it makes the worth higher but I have all the paper work, spare keys and everything that came with the car. I even have that paper that's laminated that tells you that the car was pulled from the line and quality tested before letting it out of the factory. I'm not the original owner so I don't have the window sticker. I do have a binder full of receipts and paperwork from the time of my purchase for my records.

Last edited:

testorossa1989

Established Member
Actually it is only worth what you can sell it for, but I would guess something like ~21,000 +/- 2000. Total guess though and I have no idea of west coast pricing

Basically what he said. The car is worth what the buyer is willing to pay. Under private sale circumstances i would say those mods wouldnt really increase the value rather then make it more appealing when it comes to selling and tastefully modded. You can probably get your full asking price of 22k for it. The prices dont really fluctuate much between a car that has 90k vs 40k. Basically it wont sell less than 18k unless your giving it away and wont go more than 25k unless its like heavily modified or some insane low miles with a rare color. GLWS

Last edited:

arbs

Established Member
Alright. Thanks guys for the replies. It's just a thought right now, not really taking action just yet. Just wondering what id be able to get for it. As for pics, I'll post some as soon as I get to my computer at home. And if I did sell it, I'd rather sell it to someone who will take care of it and not just dog it around. Preferably someone on here or another mustang forum. Craigslist is getting dangerous these days. I heard over the weekend that someone got shot because they were selling a PS4 on craigslist. They met up, and that was it. Stupid ass people.

But anyway thanks again guys!!

arbs

Established Member
Alright. Thanks guys for the replies. It's just a thought right now, not really taking action just yet. Just wondering what id be able to get for it. As for pics, I'll post some as soon as I get to my computer at home. And if I did sell it, I'd rather sell it to someone who will take care of it and not just dog it around. Preferably someone on here or another mustang forum. Craigslist is getting dangerous these days. I heard over the weekend that someone got shot because they were selling a PS4 on craigslist. They met up, and that was it. Stupid ass people.

But anyway thanks again guys!!

Users who are viewing this thread