Whats my chances of beating top hp cars of today.

SVTsamson22

Established Member
Forgot about posting since we Postponed are track meet and ending up going last weekend. needless to say they had better tires then me and my clutch Engages on the top end so there was no bringing mine out of the hole without spinning going again this weekend coming and I have some good radials hellcat ran 11:25 zl1 ran 11:40s I ran 12:40s mph 134 on the way back we did some highway pulls and they couldn't hang this car is a beast.

SVTsamson22

Established Member
We will be running it again this weekend at the drag strip with my new m/k et street r's I'll make sure to get some video this time already know my car is the quicker out of the 3 on the street gonna see what time I can pull if your at 650 rwhp is the magic number for me with getting these cars in the rear view mirror.

SVTsamson22

Established Member
Sadly not I gotta pretty good deal on these regardless there better then my toyo r888r for track runs just waiting for my rims to show up I currently got 18s I went down to a 305/45/17.

Attachments

• 20211021_011210.jpg
    20211021_011210.jpg
    156.6 KB · Views: 68

apex svt

MEAN STREAK
Established Member
Sadly not I gotta pretty good deal on these regardless there better then my toyo r888r for track runs just waiting for my rims to show up I currently got 18s I went down to a 305/45/17.
Any updates?

Are they the bias ply et street R?

Excited for your results... MPH says the car is making power.

Wouldn’t want to run a bias ply with his street tires up front. They will fight each other.

q6543

Established Member
Plenty of heavy fast cars that do.
I see hellcats and s550 mustangs mix n match ALL the time.

SVTsamson22

Established Member
Going to bryon Sunday they closed great lakes for the year because there repaving the strip with new asphalt it hooks pretty well now hopefully I get some good numbers.

TerminatoRS

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
...they closed great lakes for the year because there repaving the strip with new asphalt.
Yep. Friend of mine races his 2400hp f-body at GLD. Long story short, he ended up in the wall this year after suddenly breaking traction in the left rear. Turns out he went over a pothole that they attempted to fill with a few bricks. Let's just say he was not happy with the owner of the track. Owner's excuse was "but but but it'll cost $250k to resurface!"

apex svt

MEAN STREAK
Established Member
Yep. Friend of mine races his 2400hp f-body at GLD. Long story short, he ended up in the wall this year after suddenly breaking traction in the left rear. Turns out he went over a pothole that they attempted to fill with a few bricks. Let's just say he was not happy with the owner of the track. Owner's excuse was "but but but it'll cost $250k to resurface!"
Pot hole or the right lane bump? Been there for years, shits sketchy.

TerminatoRS

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Pot hole or the right lane bump? Been there for years, shits sketchy.
He said pothole. He's got some kind of suspension monitoring system (above my pay grade) that showed his left rear shock go nuts all of the sudden. That's what spurred him to walk the track and look.

apex svt

MEAN STREAK
Established Member
He said pothole. He's got some kind of suspension monitoring system (above my pay grade) that showed his left rear shock go nuts all of the sudden. That's what spurred him to walk the track and look.
Very unfortunate, and not good practice for a race track. Unsafe.

SVTsamson22

Established Member
Wow I was there for the last day before they closed and there was about 3 bad wrecks that caused them to stay open a extra hour because of the long line and it was all on one side my family owns a asphalt business so I have a good eye one it comes to stuff like that should've been fixed 2 years ago.

SVTsamson22

Established Member
Guys that live in Illinois what's your Opinion on deans performance in st Charles just dropped my baby off to him for a pivot ball fix I'm always nervous when I leave my car with some stranger to where I loose sleep at night.

apex svt

MEAN STREAK
Established Member
Guys that live in Illinois what's your Opinion on deans performance in st Charles just dropped my baby off to him for a pivot ball fix I'm always nervous when I leave my car with some stranger to where I loose sleep at night.
Always heard good things. Never had any cars there, but reputation is good.

SVTsamson22

Established Member
Seems pretty good I'm having my pivot ball and throw out bearing while replacing that he noticed the spline was pretty stiff and hard to turn by hand so he's shiming it down a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread