What's my car worth?

FoofKiller

I> /\/\
Established Member
Thinking about selling my car and I was wondering what you guys thought its worth. It's in immaculate condition, only caught in some sprinkle rain twice. The underside is as clean as the outside. I bought the car brand new a lil over a year ago. It's been really pampered, I didn't even turn the traction control off for the first 11 months of owning it. Car is in perfect shape, no problems with it at all, runs really good. It made 416rw/412tq on TrueStreets dyno. The car is not my daily driver and just sits in the garage 90% of the time.

2012 Sterling Grey Premium GT
400a
6M
9000 miles
Eibach Sportline springs
Lethal o/r Hpipe
GT500 axleback
Redline premium hood struts
Brand new MGW shifter that was put in the car just a couple of weeks ago.
True Forged Victory wheels - 20x9 front, 20x11 rear.
Like new Nitto tires - 265/35 front, 305/35

What do you think it's worth? KBB gave me a price of $30,177 and thats obviously doesn't include the mods.

steve1hdr_zps95f8790b.jpg

steve2hdr_zpsb2077e78.jpg

Wheel1steve_zps073b0f75.jpg

IMG_0108_zpsba190f55.jpg

steve3hdr_zps4c295835.jpg

wheel2hdr_zps3f8c9ca9.jpg

steve4hdr_zpscfa85bda.jpg

7919037966_5ddb642c14_b.jpg

7919037632_f51f0f1240_b.jpg

7919037450_5fabeaba75_b.jpg

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
I would say knock 20% off of kbb ans thats what you will most likely get for it. The mods will not help much.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

sleek98

Established Member
I was going to say 25-28 depending on how long you wanted to sit on it. You can order that car brand new in a '14 for 32k or so out the door. So for 90% of the people looking to buy you would have to be quite a bit lower for them to not just go new.

I would suggest selling the wheels separate as that will get you more than selling them with the car.

BTW I love those wheels.

Last edited:

clean92lx

Established Member
Definitely sell the wheels separate. I guess the first pic is one of the 2 times your car saw a "light sprinkle" as the ground looks like it just got done raining.LOL

FoofKiller

I> /\/\
Established Member
Definitely sell the wheels separate. I guess the first pic is one of the 2 times your car saw a "light sprinkle" as the ground looks like it just got done raining.LOL

Haha, you are correct. Wasn't paticularly happy about it but I guess it has to happen now and then. I like to keep my cars clean. I enjoy detailing and keeping clean as much as I do driving. I know it's a chore for some, but I love it. :)

clean92lx

Established Member
Haha, you are correct. Wasn't paticularly happy about it but I guess it has to happen now and then. I like to keep my cars clean. I enjoy detailing and keeping clean as much as I do driving. I know it's a chore for some, but I love it. :)
def. is a chore. I sometimes think about getting rid of my car because I'm so extremely anal about keeping up with it and it gets tiring.

Good job BTW keeping that thing clean.

Problem with resale is, even though you kept it mint, someone can go out and get the newer body style brand new for around 27k. While it wont have all the expensive mods you've done, the brand new factor takes precedence with most people. GLWS:beer:

FoofKiller

I> /\/\
Established Member
def. is a chore. I sometimes think about getting rid of my car because I'm so extremely anal about keeping up with it and it gets tiring.

Good job BTW keeping that thing clean.

Problem with resale is, even though you kept it mint, someone can go out and get the newer body style brand new for around 27k. While it wont have all the expensive mods you've done, the brand new factor takes precedence with most people. GLWS:beer:

Absolutely, I agree which is why I was asking what it was worth cuz I wasn't sure. I may have to find some stock wheels and put it back to stock. We shall see. Thank you for your input.

Ill_W1N

Established Member
I'd say 27k private sell, I got offered 25k with 12,000 miles on mine from the stealership without my wheels a few months ago when I almost traded it in for a boss(decided to keep it and buy a blower). You should keep it man your cars clean. Maybe do something new to it to keep your interest that always helps me

FoofKiller

I> /\/\
Established Member
I'd say 27k private sell, I got offered 25k with 12,000 miles on mine from the stealership without my wheels a few months ago when I almost traded it in for a boss(decided to keep it and buy a blower). You should keep it man your cars clean. Maybe do something new to it to keep your interest that always helps me

I've wrestled with that idea for awhile now and would do your exact set up. I'm just exploring my options at the moment. Before this car I really wanted a C6 Z06. This car plus the cost of a blower and all the supporting mods doesn't put me far off from the cost of a low mileage Z06.

Last edited:

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I would give $24.5k for it and retail it for $26.5k.

Just to give you an estimate, we gave 26.5 for a 2012 California Special LOADED with 2909 miles on it. We also purchased a 2012 GT Premium with everything but Nav for $24,750, and it only had 3200 miles on it.

Users who are viewing this thread